Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another thread and am thinking I have air in the system. Here is my story; I have 2007 3010 trans diesel it has 265 hours. Today i took 3 of my boys for a ride in the desert 10 miles to a local river. ON the way back I noticed the temp light came on and also noticed at that time the fan wasn't coming on, the radiator felt hot at this time and actually began to boil over. I stopped to check it out and found one of the radiator fuses blown. Swapped one of the other fuses to replace the radiator fuse and fan came on. After allowing it to cool for a few minutes I started it back up, temp light went out and all seemed good then all of a sudden the motor stopped. This time the radiator was cool and fan fuses were fine. I was now stranded in the desert with 3 kids 4 miles from the truck. Let it cool down again and started it back up, ran for about a mile and then the motor quit again, radiator again didn't feel real hot and fan was not coming on. Hoping I didn't blow a head gasket but I ended up getting a ride back to the truck by the Sheriff. My guess is either air in the system or stuck thermostat, any ideas where to start??? I am theorizing that when the fuse for the fan blew, causing the radiator to get hot and boil over lead to loss of coolant and air being allowed into the system which caused the second overheating problem.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
You need to make sure all coolant levels are full fuses are in, then you will have to get the air out of the system, that is done by elevating the front end of the mule and then using the air bleeder to evacuate all of the air out of the system, if you have question about it call our shop on Monday and ask for Tod 1-800-556-3098 Beartooth Kawasaki tell him Jim asked you to call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts