Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read of the cold winter in the US & cant help but think it would be nice for some cooler weather here in OZ . its been boiling here of late in my part of OZ (melbourne) :eek: , i went riding yesterday evening / night . it was a quite hot 38degree's celcius , but i enjoyed the ride . it would have been nice if it was a little cooler though , as the road is melting @ some parts .

p.s. in northern OZ its been flooded with rain , the weather has gone crazy ..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Maybe its the end O the road down under! Just kidding at least you get to ride im envious. Today here in Southern Colo it was nice except for the wind.
Gusting to 60 MPH

No seat time for me!

·
Registered
823 Posts
i read of the cold winter in the US & cant help but think it would be nice for some cooler weather here in OZ . its been boiling here of late in my part of OZ (melbourne) :eek: , i went riding yesterday evening / night . it was a quite hot 38degree's celcius , but i enjoyed the ride . it would have been nice if it was a little cooler though , as the road is melting @ some parts .

p.s. in northern OZ its been flooded with rain , the weather has gone crazy ..

Finally our rain has stopped!
But, the roads round here are flooded!
Give it a couple of days floods'll subside and the drought reappears!
Good news though, the Cyclone that was to hit Townsville has been downgraded to a "tropical low", you can bet your last shilling that, one'll hit as soon as I move my household up there!
Chris.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Sorry to hear of such odd weather for the south end of the planet. Hope it improves or at least evens out a bit.

Melbourne is the only part of Oz that I have visited - nice place.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
Too hot? .......... Hmmmmm......me no understandy.

Have you got a free trade deal with Canada? Cause I'd trade, Lordy how I'd trade.

C'mon global warming

·
Registered
294 Posts
38 C Heck, thats just a 100F, just right for us Arizonans, Summer time temps here usually run 120F ambient air temps. As long as your movin its great but stop in traffic and your "Cooked" Gotta love the water pumpers in that heat.

Summer time I usually get up a "O'dark thirty" ride north to the cool country and come back to the valley in the evenings.

Yea, call me a fair weather rider but I have been burned (literally) by the heat radiating up from a hot engine (Beemer K100)

Usually carry a flattened pop can to put the kickstand on so it don't sink in the asphalt.

Gotta love it

·
Recycled Rider
583 Posts
It's 28F here in Baghdad today!
And it's been uncommonly dry for this time of year.
Haven't been downtown today though so I don't know if the locals are out on their bikes.
But if I had my bike here, I'd be riddin'

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
We had an extremely wet and cool summer, which is odd here. However, we set very few records. For example one very month was the only the 2nd wettest month on record.

What this means here is that although the weather is unusual, it's not so unusual that in the short space of time people have lived here and kept records (something like 150 years), this has happened a number of times.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
It's 28F here in Baghdad today!
And it's been uncommonly dry for this time of year.
Haven't been downtown today though so I don't know if the locals are out on their bikes.
But if I had my bike here, I'd be riddin'
Stay safe down there my man. I'm sure 28F feels good now down there....my wife's cousin just came back from Baghdad.......and she told tales of 120F weather in full GI outfit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah we're having regular 40C temps over here in the West. No chance of riding feels like your face is in front of an open oven door!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts