Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows that just a few pounds of tire pressure in a tire car can make all the difference in the world when youare racing...what about a few different pounds in a bike tire that is supportin gyou and your gear? Going a little further into this what about the complete removal of a shock Ninja250R, to adjust it to a suitable setting? WHAT? Take it out adjust it and put it back in to see if it now works? What about a chart from someone with the milli meters measured off of a "standard" length spring for the guestimated weight of the rider and his gear or even for double up riding. I think that the Kawasaki State-of-the-ARK rear suspension has gon on way to long, as well as tire pressure settings. Very few of us ride with the same weight and gear, the same manner and set our tires and suspension the same...I say C'MON, it's just not right that in our feed-backs that we are being so pleased with the bikes that we overlook the opportunity to benefit the future of a great bike. We are not only cheating ourselves but the people that follow us in riding Future Kawasaki's. I would recomend that you ALL read your manuals and then make a verbal or in writing note to Kawasaki about these two areas of concern. The manuals are complete in discription, just severly lacking in information for adjustments and even in proper equipment for us to be able to adjust our own bikes. DID you have the suspension properly set on your bike before it was released to you? Were the front brake and clutch levers properly adjusted for you or even explained? I'm not tryin g to be a REBEL here, it is just that the manuals are way to vague and the equipment is lacking proper adjustment values for a rider to adjust his/her bike to, to prevent accidents. The information in the Manuals is severly lacking in making recommendations for certain weights for not only the tires but the suspension. This is crucial for avoiding accidents. I believe that we should all contact Kawasaki and find out the proper spring height and tire pressure for our gross weights for both single and double up riding. I suspect that we would find a new shock on the bike in just a year of so and it would be adjustable with recommendations in the manuals, and tire pressures would also be recommended for various loads and riding conditions...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep...Never rode a bike and i think it's an outrage. :x

Suspension should be able to be adjusted on-the-fly. To adapt to different conditions. You shouldn't have to take off the shocks and stuff...But, hey, what can you do?

At least theres forums, and you can ask questions here. :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
that sounds good, but i dont think you will be getting dealerships to adjust your suspension and do alot of extra stuff to your bike before you take delivery
and, i think that the bottom line is that kawasaki does not want you to adjust your shocks, they want you to bring it to them to adjust your shocks for $50 an hour
they dont care, GM does not put dipsticks on any of the new cars, at least not the ones ive seen, and it says right in the manual, if your car fails because of insufficient fluid levels, then they are not liable, then under that, it says the transmission fluid should not need to be checked unless it leaks.
Well how do you know if its leaking if you cant check it?
park it on a white sheet at night i guess

its a business, the whole goal is to rip as many people off as you can, without ripping them off so much, thats its illegal, or that they wont ever come back

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
Let's talk about Ninja 250s as an example. The AVERAGE Ninja 250 rider can not DISCERN the difference between different suspension settings and is more likely to COMPLETELY F them up.

Now let's talk about an experienced rider. I can tell the difference between fork oil viscosities and spring rates and tire pressures.

Compared to the AVERAGE rider (of which I dealt with THOUSANDS) my skill set is that of a brain surgeon compared to an axe murderer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts