Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
I just use WD40 and shop towels, if you cut thin (about 1") strips of old tea towels etc. soak them with WD40 then you can wrap them once around a spoke and use a back and forth sawing motion to clean spokes pretty quickly. Think starting a fire with a stick and bow. If you stay on top of them before they get to grungy usually just a wipe down with WD40 will keep them clean. I stay away from chain waxes now as well, it's a b!tch to clean off. The ScottOil that I use on the chains still flings a bit but it cleans off way easier than the chain wax.

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Get a Mother's mini ball at Wallyworld. I use that and Turtle Wax chrome polish and rust remover. Pappie

·
Finally Riding Again!
1,017 Posts
I don't even bother with the spokes themselves. Man what a pain in the backside that is! I just clean the rim chrome and call it good. ;)

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Cleaning? What is that? I live at the end of 1/2 mile of gravel/dirt road. I would have to wash the bike every time I rode it.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
clean them real good with some soap and water then use mequirs detailers wax in the spray bottle.It will repel dirt and keep it from sticking to the spokes.wd-40 is good but if you dont wipe it off it picks up brake dust like a magnet! clean them often and it only take a few minutes.i just waxed my whole bike in about 15 minutes!

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
I use only a spokes brush I got on sale from Fred Meyer (Pacific Northwest Kroger's chain), and only once or twice a year. But nothing which would leave residue as that would make cleaning more difficult the next time. On my chain bikes I remember well how stuff stuck to chain lube thrown onto spokes - what a pain!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts