Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching around for a motorcycle and I see the sometimes there are motorcycles that are usually expensive (r1, zx10r) however for some reason I see them for sale for like 4 grand 2004! however it has only like 200 miles. (or i've even see like 2100 asked for an 02 R1 with only 850 miles. Whats going on? How come there is such a drastic change in price? The photos show a perfect motorcycle with no scratches, they swear its a clean title blah blah, seems like a perfect sale, but there has to be a catch. The only thing I can think of is that they were badly broken in, and are now "boggy" on lower rpm's, and does not put out as much power. If anybody here knows about the effect of a badly broken in motorcycle, I mean how bad could it be? Also 250 miles? is that enough to have a badly broken in motorcycle? Or is there something i'm missing, maybe you guys will know. Is this a scam? Thanks for all the replies (I hope I get :) ).

Sergei
Aka Mr.Rotory

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
!.. If its too good to be true SCAM. With the introduction of the internet to the scum of the earth, they have found another way to capitalize on the honest Joe.

2. I bought the bike and I can't afford it, it scared the ______out of me, a friend died, my mom says to get rid of it etc.. DIVORCE, MILITARY

If you find one you like, see the bike. One of the latest scams that the euro guys are trying is the bike is over here, wire me the money and I'll send it to you.

I'm gonna give you a check and I want you to pay for such and such...their check bounces and you are out a motorcycle and money.

3. It could be a salvage bike

·
Registered
412 Posts
[quote="1Adam12
If you find one you like, see the bike. One of the latest scams that the euro guys are trying is the bike is over here, wire me the money and I'll send it to you.

[/quote]

I was looking at a bike on ebay, asked the guy a question and got that. He was in Europe, about to lose his house; if I sent him the money he would pay all shipping cost himself! He would have it sent by plane where I would get it in just a few days! Yea, right.

Be very careful! If it looks too good to be true! IT IS!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would agree with that. I also looked on ebay when I was shopping for a bike. Some bikes were so **** cheap, and looked so good. I couldnt really figure out why people would wanna sell that, but obviously, they are nothing but scams!! Basically, if you want to buy off ebay, make sure the bike is expensive enough to be true, and ask many questions!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have seen the same stuff on ebay before. For me it always turned out that the seller was fake.

I did use ebay to find my bike though. I would find bikes I liked in my area and would email the sellers asking what prices they were wanting and if they would consider selling the bike off ebay. I was then able to go out and test ride and check out several bikes before buying the one I liked most.

·
Registered
605 Posts
E-Bay is a great way to get a new bike, do a specific search for your town/state and then hit -dirtbike if you aren't looking for one and anythign with dirtbike in the title it will drop, save it as one of your searchs. Check it everyday for a great deal.

If you see a great deal e-mail/call him/her immediately, go look at the bike here's a good site with a million things to check for when buying a used bike. http://www.clarity.net/~adam/buying-bike.html if everything is good buy it and fix the things that are wrong if any

·
Registered
133 Posts
My brother was going to buy a new R1 on eBay, then i realized it was a scam. $4k for a brand new R1, i only thought it was true because the person said that they "were in debt" and needed to sell it. The guy was in France, and would supposedly mail it from France for free, and it would only be four days...eBay took it off. Thank God.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts