Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the carb dialed in pretty good on my big bore kx85/100.
It only has a rich studder at mid throttle maybe 1/4 to 2/3 not positive (my grip is indexed)

Today I lowered the stock NAPE needle from the 3rd groove to the 2nd and it got rid of most of the studder. But it seemed to take some away from the top end.

I think I'm going to order a stock kx100 NAPF needle. It's identical to the NAPE except for the .01 bigger straight section. (leaner)

The specs for all the needles only go up .01 per size. Is that going to make a difference?

I want a new needle and clip anyway because mine are worn and sloppy at the groove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone is a bit picky about their jetting......
It's because of my riding conditions. I leave the house and ride the street to the trails. I try to keep the rpm low on the street but thats right in the rich spot so it smokes. I can **** everyone off and ride at a higher rpm, or ride quiet and smoking but other riders see me pass and know it's rich.

Plus it seems to load up, once I get on it, it stops smoking.

AND the groove in the needle looks like it might let go of it due to the wear.

I can ride trails and 10' hills fine down low and top end is great, it's just the transition. I believe I've tried every other adjustment. A smaller pilot helps but creates a bog down low, high speed plug chop is good as it with current jetting.

So should I see a difference going to a identical needle with just a .01 bigger straight section?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts