Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local key cut people and they said that they couldn't do Kawasaki keys and that all keys are made differently.

The type of keys I'm talking about are the keys that have a sports team on them or something like that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had to go to some locksmith place to get a spare cut and it's a big ol nasty looking thing. Only blank they could find that matched. Didn't want to spend $25 on a Kaw OEM blank.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I had to go to some locksmith place to get a spare cut and it's a big ol nasty looking thing. Only blank they could find that matched. Didn't want to spend $25 on a Kaw OEM blank.
Yeah, I had to buy the blank from the local dealer, who does not cut keys, and then take it to the locksmith to get it cut. The key is like an inch longer than my stock key too, but it's just a spare.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
Buy a blank and glue something to it if you have to have it . Like it was said the sports keys are made for popular house keys.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just went through this with my dayghters Ninja. I orderesd two blanks from the dealer and had the local hardware store cut the keys.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
See Motorcycycle Keys for blanks and more. A blank key for my ride would cost $7 from that website.
Good link!! Wouldnt it cost just about as much to go to the dealer and get it cut? Or is it $30 just for a key from the dealer and then another charge to get a locksmith to cut it? They sure dont make it easy to get more keys!!!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Blanks are all over eBay, but I've never seen one with a custom "handle".

Just make your own, cut your stock key, and JB-Weld it in!

·
Highlander
73 Posts
I went to the local key cut people and they said that they couldn't do Kawasaki keys and that all keys are made differently.

The type of keys I'm talking about are the keys that have a sports team on them or something like that.
Go to where the dealer uses. The key# they write in our MOM means nothing.
I bent both keys trying to get my seat off and the dealer punch my keys and said they probably would not work and they were right.

The locksmith's made keys from the bent one and were a $1.00 each. They had a plastic cover on the end and were 3 times as strong. They were slicker than snot on a doorknob.

For a 2006 Vulcan 900. The key is Silga-Italy Blank# KW15BP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts