Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some idiot tried to steal my bike by jamming a screwdriver into the ignition. since a new ignition is a few hundred bucks, I am wondering how to hotwire... any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Here's a suggestion: call the police, have a report filled out, call your insurance company, and get it fixed properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but...

Given that I am saving money for college, that the bike was $500 to begin with, and that I don't have insurance since it is not required in WA state, I am looking for an alternative route to getting it fixed properly. So if anyone can give me advice on hotwiring or other low-cost solutions, I would appreciate it. Send me a private message if you don't want to spread the word.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Personally, id keep my eye out on ebay for an ignition. Im pretty sure you could pick up a used one relitivily cheap from someone parting that same bike out.

-Vaedyn

·
Registered
605 Posts
tell me drewfish...does your neighbor own a kz650 you like :)...Just kidding e-bay is a great place to get vintage parts cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ebay seems to be the answer

I think I have found the part on ebay for under $40. I am new to ebay and I am shocked--I called a dealer today and it was going to be over $325! Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Re: thanks, but...

drewfish said:
Given that I am saving money for college, that the bike was $500 to begin with, and that I don't have insurance since it is not required in WA state, I am looking for an alternative route to getting it fixed properly. So if anyone can give me advice on hotwiring or other low-cost solutions, I would appreciate it. Send me a private message if you don't want to spread the word.
Acknowledged, and understood. Special circumstances require special solutions. Good luck with the ignition replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts