Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleaned the bike yesterday and there is what looks like pine sap on the front fender. It's just one drip, about 2 inches long. I couldn't remove it with water or with Eagle 1 wipe & shine. What do you all recommend? I don't want to experiment because I'm afraid I'll mess up the paint.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Sometimes bug and tar remover works, I have used WD40 also. You just have to re-polish that area because if you have a good wax it will take that off too.

·
Old Dudes Rule
135 Posts
Bug and Tar remover (your local auto parts) works good, but so does WD-40, and you probably have that on hand. Spray a little WD on the sap and let it sit for about 5 min., than spray some on a hand towel or an old sock and wipe off the goop. DON'T USE PAPPER TOWELS, that will scratch the paint big time. Be sure to re-wax the area (what the hell, re-wax the whole bike while you're at it).

·
Xpylut
438 Posts
plain old simple mineral spirits on a rag. wash the bike when you're finished. it's cheap.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. WD-40 did not work. I'm starting to wonder if this is something other than tree sap. I got the bike used and the drip came with it. The previous owner rode it for about 1500 miles, then put it in a u-haul with all her belongings and moved to this area, where she only rode it for about 200 miles and it mostly sat in her garage. I wonder what else the drip could be. Varnish if someone was doing some woodworking around it? Some sort of grease dripping from the top of the uhaul? I'll try bug & tar tomorrow.

·
Registered
654 Posts
goo gone is the best, as is nail polish remover. however, with the second, you must immediately wash and re-wax the area as it strips down all wax and other protectants that you might have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts