Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4. I recently installed a Power-vee blade from Cycle Country along with an elictric lift. It seems the lift I received was faulty( watch out for the ones with a black cover; instead of white). After a day of pushing snow I put it up for a few days. When I went to get my 4 wheeler out for a day of trail riding the battery was dead. :cry: After getting the machine started it ran rough it seems the more load you put on the electrical system the better it ran. If you turn the lights off while it is running it will die.... any answers or insight will be greatly apprieciated......... thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
charging?

One of the first things I would check would be to see if your charging system is working by taking a volt meter and measuring the voltage of the battery when the vehicle is not running. Then start the machine, check the voltage again as you rev the engine up a couple of times. You should see an increase in voltage. I would also check to see that the battery is full of fluid. If it is not remove the caps and add distilled water, then charge. Chances are that your battery was weak and the extra strain from the added accessories and the faulty lift drained the battery down and it may need to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts