Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Go to CobraUSA and click on the Fi2000r, then on the tab that says "download instructions". It will pop open a PDF file that is a copy of what they send you with the unit. Basically, you remove the seat and the toolbox. Remove the two bolts at the rear of the tank and tilt it forward, blocking it up with a piece of wood so you can get at the injector plugs. (Hint: have a pair of LONG needle-nose pliers handy) Pop off the stock plugs and plug the connections from the Cobra into place. I attached mine to the front of the tool box with the Velcro patch included in the box. Set the three dials wherever you want them (stock is 4-2-0) and you're good to go.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
The Cobra instructions are quite clear and easy to follow. It took about 15 minutes for me to install.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
good to know.... why do you have to take the air cleaner off???

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If you ever install one, you'll find that with it on there it's a really tight squeeze getting your fingers in there to unplug/plug those connectors. Even with the tank raised some of those plugs can hang on like a Tennessee tick.;)

·
Slow and Easy
57 Posts
Go to CobraUSA and click on the Fi2000r, then on the tab that says "download instructions". It will pop open a PDF file that is a copy of what they send you with the unit. Basically, you remove the seat and the toolbox. Remove the two bolts at the rear of the tank and tilt it forward, blocking it up with a piece of wood so you can get at the injector plugs. (Hint: have a pair of LONG needle-nose pliers handy) Pop off the stock plugs and plug the connections from the Cobra into place. I attached mine to the front of the tool box with the Velcro patch included in the box. Set the three dials wherever you want them (stock is 4-2-0) and you're good to go.
The exact same way I installed mine. The hardest part is if you have large hands trying to get to the injector plugs

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
The exact same way I installed mine. The hardest part is if you have large hands trying to get to the injector plugs
+1; I found that removing the air cleaner made it a lot easier to reach the plugs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have a good place to buy a fi200r. I checked Dennis Kirk, and they seem to have only the FI2000 (no R) listed. According to the Cobra website, the non-R model is more involved to install?

I found it on Ebay, that's about it...

·
Work in progress
167 Posts
I took out the tool pouch and installed mine in that compartment, it makes it very accessible for tuning. Just put the tool pouch in a fork or saddle bags. I bought mine from Phat performance parts. It was all plug and play.

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
Anyone have a good place to buy a fi200r. I checked Dennis Kirk, and they seem to have only the FI2000 (no R) listed. According to the Cobra website, the non-R model is more involved to install?

Check out Cruiser Customizing.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
I have the fi2000r. Removing the air box and accessing the injector connectors is the hard part. I used long skinny needle nose pliers (electronic type) to reach the injector connectors. Like house wiring, they think an extra inch of wiring is to expensive.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts

Meancycles, PhatPerformanceParts both carry the "R" unit. I've seen them listed on EBay, new, for $175. Most net sites will run you $199.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
Just note, I did not have to remove my air cleaner nor would have made it any easier.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
There was one available in the swap meet not too long ago not sure if it is still available or not. Otherwise e-bay is about as cheap as I seen new.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I bought the one on our swap met.... figure it can't be that bad of a deal...115 shipped... I just have V&H pipes, but plan on a air lit soon.... I hope I notice a difference

1 - 16 of 16 Posts