Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.Some posts should have never been made, this was one of them.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
Should you lay the bike down (gently) on it's right side and drip lube down the cable sheath
i'll just forget you wrote the first part of that post. i think its better if we all just move forward with this. no need to dwell on the past. haha.

take the clutch cable off. there is a special tool used for cable lubing. should be able to pick it up cheap enuff at the bike shop. kinda hard to explain the tool, but ask someone at the dealership, or wherever u go, and they should know. prolly by all the oil, fork oil, and chain lube. its a small device that slides over the end of the cable housing and you tighten it down witha thumb screw. get ya a can of cable lube. insert the little red tube into the lubing tool and spray away. not gonna take much either. should come out the other end of your cable. when it does, you're done. wipe excess off the outside and get to gettin!!!!!!!!

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Leave the bike on the kickstand! Relieve the cable adjustment at the lever and then at the adjuster located on the cable housing(located near the center of the cable length)and remove the cable from the lever. I tape a plastic bag to the end of the clutch cable to form a leak proof funnel. I elevate the bag and cable and spray or pour in your favorite cable lube. I spray WD-40 first to washout the old lube and then follow up with any silicon spray lube. The lube will exit the cable behind left cover so place a pan under the bike first!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts