Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting mine in a few days and just curious as to what I should expect. I know its not like a supersport or anything but is it loud enough for people to hear my comming?

·
Registered
158 Posts
From what I've read about the 500R, the bike's manners isn't so far on the edge that it'll bite you hard. But in my opinion any bike will get you in trouble depending on circumstances. Also, I wouldn't depend on a loud exhaust as a way to make cagers notice you. To me you should never let down your guard no matter how loud or visible you make yourself out to be. Because some numbnutz of a cager will prove you wrong. I almost got run over yesterday when this jerk ghetto posing cager decided he wanted to show off his manhood. I was trailing a friend who is still trying to get comfortable riding her new bike after taking a 2 year hiatus. She signaled that she wanted to move to the lane to our left. Seeing that I signaled and did a head check to see if ti was clear for us to move over. It was clear so I started to change lanes. Next thing I know I hear a big screech and as I looked over I saw this jerk's car with his hood almost right in line with my bike. I goosed the throttle and pulled away from this a-hole. This was the same guy that when I did a head check was probably about 50 yards away. The a-hole probably saw me wanting to make a lane change and gunned the car at me. I guess better me than my friend who might have panic given the situation. Oh and as we pulled off into the left turn lane, the jerk was tailgating me. He blew by us in the lane we had just left. I looked over as this fine specimen of humanity acted like it was no big deal in his thinker pose with the seat reclined back where he could have been sitting in the back seat. If you get the impression I'm pissed, you bet I am. Still am as I think about it.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The stock exhaust on the 500R is very quiet, if you want something louder you'll either have to get F1 slip-ons or go with a full exhaust system (which requires stage 1 rejetting).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like quiet so I won't here anything?

Or like a stock cars exhaust when reving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts