Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads, I am new to your site and in 6 days 1 hr I will be collecting my brand spanking new 1600 meanstreak, sorry about the dribbling. Can you tell me what sort of milage I will get from a tank of petrol, what the top speed of a 1600 is ( not that I will be doing it ) and all the running in info I will need, justv so I can see if there is any difference in what the shop will tell me ...... cant wait to puick the beast up.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome and congrats on the new scoot :wink:

i ride with some meanies that are piped and remapped and they get about 30-35 mpg
the stock ones get a little better mileage.top speed? i know at 110 mph its still smooth :lol:
best mod is to repipe and remap and get rid of the goat belly underneath,also some folks
like to change the bars to bring them back a little but it don't need much in the way of improvement :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a brand new '02 and I get a little better than 35MPG with the stock exhaust and air intake. Most Mean Streak owners have found that the low fuel light tends to come on rather early (approx. 100 miles) for the first 1000 miles or so. Not a big deal, just something to get used to. If you are looking to do any two-up riding, you will definitely want to get an aftermarket seat. I have the Corbin Dual Touring Saddle and love it! Otherwise, have fun! It's a great bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts