Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read their shipping policies and they say juts prices.. and delivery times, but they dont say nothing about when to espect my order to arrive?.

Since they are from CA and im from NJ.. does ne one have any clue?

for Ground shipping?

tks guyz

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I got mine in NM in jsut over a week... But I also ordered when Cali was burning down and they had to shut down for a few days

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Ecuador? No clue. If you only paid for ground shipping, it's probably on a boat.

It used to take me 3 months to get airplane parts from Italy into Long Beach CA.

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
I read their shipping policies and they say juts prices.. and delivery times, but they dont say nothing about when to espect my order to arrive?.

Since they are from CA and im from NJ.. does ne one have any clue?

for Ground shipping?

tks guyz

It's usually about one week coast to coast. Are your parts going to New Jersey or Ecuador?

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
Remember, though, shipping isn't just the travel time. Order fullfillment is part of that time. That can take a few days by itself.

It's tough to determine how long something should take since companies estimate their time differently. For instance, for non-computer items and accessories, Dell orders will almost always arrive before the date they estimate. I'm pretty sure they calculate a "build time" into every shipment - even if they don't build anything. So, I ordered a laptop power supply from them on a Wednesday and they estimated it would ship the following Monday. However, I got it on Tuesday.

On the other hand, I've ordered DVDs and it's taken as many as 10 days to get them through Priority Mail. The actual shipment only took 4-5 days (including a weekend), but it took 5 days just for them to put the order together. Shipping UPS is even worse, which is why I try to avoid using them.

The real question is, have they charged your card yet? If not, don't worry. If they have and it hasn't been more than a week since they did, give it a few more days. If more than 10 days past from the time they charge your card, it's time to make some calls.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you guys, the shipment was for New Jersey this time.

i asked Before order to see if it would arrive at time, so thats the reason of my question otherwise i just should look in to the tracking number.

so i assume its like one week + a bit more? .. why it took twice to maryland?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
If it is time-crucial, call before you order to make sure they have it in stock.

Many dealers are "drop shippers", that means that they inventory NOTHING... you place an order, then they place an order with Kuryakyn or Mustang or Cobra and have the part shipped directly to you.
In this case, the dealer has no control over the supplier's inventory and may or may not know how soon it will ship.

Other dealers run everything through their own warehouse, and if they don't have it in stock, it could be a week before THEY get the part.

1 week to NJ and 2 weeks to MD could just mean that the guy that ordered something to MD bought something they didn't have in stock and it had to be ordered.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
I think virtually everything I order they have to get from the mfr first, then ship it on to me. Don't know how much call they get for 99 Drifter 1500 and 93 Suzuki Intruder 800 parts....
1 week for them to get the parts, 1 week to forward it on to me via ground shipping. I do like the 15% AMA discount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts