Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
I have 37,000 on my '06 1500 Classic, which I bought at the end of '06 and put on the road in Mar. of '07. No problems whatsoever. I have it serviced every 3,000 miles; it seems to get better every year. I see no reason why this bike won't do 100,000 miles.

windman

· Registered
219 Posts
Food for thought.... The first 50,000 miles you can expect decent reliability. The next 50K? Unknown. I had no problems the first 32K, several up to 40K, few more to 52K. At that point the writing was on the wall. Since we spend a lot of time on the road, it made no sense to press our luck. We get new bikes every 12-18 months, generally around 50K miles to avoid the unknown. Works for us.
This question comes up frequently on different forums, and I'm always impressed by the number of miles Vulcans owners have put on their bikes: very often 80k, 90k, 100k--most of the time without any major repairs. I've seen no indication whatsoever that there's a pattern of diminishing reliability after 50k miles.

windman

· Registered
219 Posts
Quinton,
Your pic posted just fine. I have it on my desktop and have sent it to several of my friends who think metrics aren't built to last. haha! It's one of those things you can't argue with. Thanks.

windman
'06 1500 Classic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.