Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum and was looking at all these fun rides planned for 08. I couldnt help wondering how many members there are in AK, would be great to get something going up here too. Or is there already?? I live in Chugiak, about 14 miles north of Anchorage. Let's ride!!(in the spring-summer)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Come on Dug, It ain't really all that bad. I mean with this weather the igloos stay up even during the earthquakes, the dog sleds don't sink in the tundra so we can go out hearding the penguins and keeping the polar bears away.

There I think I got most of the stereo-types and misconceptions out of the way. In reality I moved up to Anchorage from Minnesota (I know you recognized the accent) and the summers are cooler and the winters are warmer!! During the winter it's dark most of the time but during the summer it is light most of the time.

Sorry off on a tangent. Dug how often do you get out riding? I'm trying to get my winter project together an 85 Vulcan 700 and want to get some highway miles on this summer, looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey AK82kz, I was'nt complainin', just given the facts.
actually I love it up here, the cold and all!! I would love a longer riding season though. I bought the 99' 800 classic this past summer and love it!! I plan on stretching its legs often this summer. I know the Anc. Harley shop puts on a ride for muscular dystrophy(sp?) in June. Know of any other rides?? Anyway it's great to know there is at least one other member up here.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dug,
I wasn't ribbin you. Any time Alaska is mentioned all of the stereotypes come up, I thought I would throw out a preemptive strike!!!
I just got my 82 kz440 this past summer, picked up a 85 Vulcan as a winter project this fall. Looking to get some miles on both of them this year between fishing out of Kenai, Seward, running around with the kids and then there is that pesky thing called work that helps me afford my fun. Any thing I can do drop me a PM.
Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
How bout some Pics :shock:

Alaska is just some far away never never land to folks like me, never been there, probably won't ever get to go -but sounds like a heck of a dream ride, and a few pics would help the fantasy :wink:

BTW, gonna hit 78F here in sunny East TX today :tongue:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Plato, Hoping to have several pictures as I get some road miles on this year. Right now got about 5 inches on the ground and temps around 8 deg F. Not much riding right now, but the dreams are still there and it makes sure I take the time to work on the larger bike projects!! And yes it would be nice to be able to ride all year, I wouldn't trade any place with Alaska. It is like another world. We have Alaska, Hawaii and the lower 48 in our country

1 - 8 of 8 Posts