Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't take it any more. Raining nearly every weekend since I bought my bike. The day after I bought it, rode nearly 200 miles in the rain. Didn't even see another bike. Raining again today, if it don't stop I'm just gonna get wet.

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
Can't take it any more. Raining nearly every weekend since I bought my bike. The day after I bought it, rode nearly 200 miles in the rain. Didn't even see another bike. Raining again today, if it don't stop I'm just gonna get wet.
Gonna get wet here today too. I don't mind the rain if the day is hot, the wet shirt/jacket keep me cool. I hate the crap on the roads though. I usually wait until after the hard rain or after it's been raining steadily for an hour before I start out so the rain can clear the road a little.

·
Take it to the Limit
629 Posts
I'd don't like riding in it, but like badfinger, I too have been caught out in it more than once... I know if sounds geek, but a helmet wiper would be nice..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I ride 12 months a year in new england so I ride in the rain often, I use my bikes as daily commuters and put very few miles on my truck each year. I will say though if it's raining when I start out I hop on the KLR, if it's not raining when I start but is in the forcast I take the 2000LT. The bike I ride to run errands depends on the load I need to carry, The KLR can carry way more stuff, it's more of a mule, the KLR is the bike I ride through the winter because I won't ride the vulcan on salted roads so it gets to sleep from November to March. Riding in bad weather can be pleasant if you wear the right clothing, It's all in the cloths, if you stay warm and dry it can be a great day on the bike.
Mrfix

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I never do it willingly. Besides the fact that riding soaked is just not comfortable, I worry a lot about the cagers that have no clue how to drive when the streets are wet.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I never do it willingly. Besides the fact that riding soaked is just not comfortable, I worry a lot about the cagers that have no clue how to drive when the streets are wet.
When the streets are wet?????Some don't know how to drive when there bone dry!!!! I will not ride in the rain and avoid it at all cost.Have only been caught in a sprinkle so far.I went down once years ago on the street with my dirt bike and it was not fun.I could not imagine what it would be like with a heavy cruiser.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
When the streets are wet?????Some don't know how to drive when there bone dry!!!! I will not ride in the rain and avoid it at all cost.Have only been caught in a sprinkle so far.I went down once years ago on the street with my dirt bike and it was not fun.I could not imagine what it would be like with a heavy cruiser.
I won't argue with ya there... it's just worse when the roads are wet.

I've been caught in some nasty stuff (hail at 55 mph is NOT fun!). You just have to either find cover or get home :)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Only when I get caught in it, and besides its to much work to clean up the bike.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I normally ride the 900 to/from work (14 miles one way), unless the forecast is for more than a 30% chance of rain, then the bike stays home. I just don't feel like courting disaster these days.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I keep rain gear in my saddlebag. Never leave without it. Once I put it on I can ride for hours and stay bone dry. I'd prefer not to ride in the rain, and if I don't have to I won't, but if it isn't raining when I'm ready to ride, I'm riding. My advice, get a good rain suit, including gators to cover your boots and rubber gloves. And keep them with you at all times. Knowing you have them if you need them is a great comfort.

By the way, I'm new to this forum and I don't how to get to the Introdution folder to introduce myself. If anyone could point me in that direction it would be appreciated.

Windman

·
Registered
212 Posts
I never take my Vulcan out in the rain, the 125 is fine in the rain, I just carry a change of cloths in my back pack or wear track pants... depending on where I am going.

Windman: Just make a thread that introduces your self and include pictures of your bike. Welcome

·
Registered
26 Posts
I normally ride the 900 to/from work (14 miles one way), unless the forecast is for more than a 30% chance of rain, then the bike stays home. I just don't feel like courting disaster these days.
Same here. 14 miles also to the mine. If it's nice in the morning I take the 900. I always have my rain gear ready like I did when I had the scooter if it rains on the way home.
If it's a torrential downpour I just hang around the office till it slacks off.

CO

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I won't willingly go out in the rain. I did several hundred miles in the rain last summer because we got poured on on the BTK PA ride, and it really sucked the whole time.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have my rain gear in one of the saddle bags at all times. I will ride into work if it is not raining even if its suppose to rain by the end of the day. If I have a ride planed and it starts raining then I cancel the ride.

·
Hey yall
837 Posts
I'd don't like riding in it, but like badfinger, I too have been caught out in it more than once... I know if sounds geek, but a helmet wiper would be nice..
Already been done

sew one on yourself

Motorcycle windshield wiper

But I wouldnt put it on the finger, cz mine has a little curve in it. And it also starts disintergrating with age. Sewn into the seam will be more work to replace than just tacked on or glued on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will not voluntarly ride in the rain. I am a poser. I do not get too wet, too hot, too cold or too dirty. Same goes for my bike. I still am able to log in 5-8k per year. My guess is that I represent 85-90% of the population. People will talk a good game here on the forum, but wanting to and doing it, are completely different.

See Ya,

Tony

1 - 20 of 109 Posts