Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am wondering how many PA riders are here. What do you ride. Sport, Cruiser or Off road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I ride around lower PA , York County , as well on 1600 mean streak , just moved onto this from a zx6r when i arrived from the UK.....

how are you enjoying the vulcan versus your old zx6r ???

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I am about 20 minutes from York city. I am truely enjoying my Mean Streak. I ride it more than I did my 636. When I had my 636 I would go out with a bunch of friends and ride for an hour or two and then everyone would go home, or I would go to a track to do some stunt riding and then put it away. I am now at the point in my life I just like to ride. I am taking a little trip out to Pittsburgh this weekend. I could never do that on my 636. Well, I could have but my butt would be sore. I will have to admit I sometimes miss it. Right now am all about cruising.

P.S. Have you been up to the breakfast meet in Ephrata on the first sunday of every month? If you haven't you should check it out. Usually a couple of hundred bikes there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
havent been to Ehprata yet.... may try it next month...

i am also about 20 mins from York , in Stewartstown.....

I am just getting used to the fact the bike handles better than the ground clearance allows..... keep getting the pegs down after i ride a bit...
I think i am still on the ZX6R......

:lol: but i keep smiling....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let you know, The same date Sept. 5 Tristate riders is having a poker run there. It is a benefit hospice. I did it last rear it was a lot of fun. It was very long ride and well organized.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was there too. I didn't expect to see so many bikes on a holiday weekend.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I occasionally get down to the southern tier of New York, through Olean, and into Bradford, PA. Gorgeous country in the Autumn for long rides.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reynard92 said:
New to forum about 1 1/2 hrs North of York

Getting ready for Winter.
I rode to work today. It will most likely be my last last ride till spring comes.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I went for a ride after work today. Shot up to Lake Ontario. Hit the thickest cold fog I've ever seen. Got soaked. Went home. Almost time to call it a season :(

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QKENUF4U said:
How many PA riders here - :lol: would that be snowmobiles or motorcycles ?[/b]
Niether, In the winterits to cold for the bike or not enough snow for the sled. I do get the four wheeler out from time to time. So I don't go totaly into withdrawl. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old but spring is getting close and I wanted to see if we have any new PA riders and/or anyone else who didn't see this last time. Scranton, PA here.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
96ZX9Rpa said:
I know this thread is kinda old but spring is getting close and I wanted to see if we have any new PA riders and/or anyone else who didn't see this last time. Scranton, PA here.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

·
Haulin In Seventh Gear
657 Posts
Hagerstown, MD (bordering all states)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hay MotoLappa, What is this meeting thing going on in Ephrata? Is it a rider group or something? I'm not that far from there and have ridden close to there on occasion. Riding on Rt. 501 out of Pine Grove is a great scenic route. If these meetings are open then it's a great opportunity to get involved with some rides.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is a gathering place for all types of bikers to meet on the first sunday of every month. (not winter) There can be hundreds of bikes that come and go. It is usually the busiest in the morning. They sell breakfast, and a lot of riders show up early and grab a bite to eat and then go for there sunday rides.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I feel far away from everything, i live in NJ, but i have a summer home near scranton PA.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts