Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got A Kx80 And I Am Not Sure What Mix Is The Best To Run It On For The Best Performance I Am Putting 100ml To 5 Liters Of Petrol Now But I Dont Think Thats Right Please Help Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unless you're going for a 50:1 mix that's not enough oil, I mix mine at 32:1 cause that's what factory calls for, which would be about 156mL of oil to 5L and you're not going to seize a motor with too much oil... rather then not enough. 50:1 is a bit lean in my eyes unless you're racing and you can afford a rebuild 2 or 3 times a season.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2.6 oz to one gallon is written on my 50:1 oil. ...... but don't ask me to figure out ml/liter .LOL ....Plus, Ive been told there is a difference in 2 stroke oils ...one is for.... air cooled .another is for liquid cooled engines.....

Carl
KL-250 Super Sherpa

·
Registered
32 Posts
my little brother has been mixing 150mls to 5 liters since he's had the bike....(Kx100 for 2 years now) it runs like a dream not to rich not to lean (maybe a little on the rich side) but that ok. it's safer.

Heres a link where you can work out your oil mixture
http://www.speed-sports.com/Go-Peds/AM_Oil-RatioCALC.html

Scroll down and you'll see the chart.

But I would go for that.
I run the same on my KX250cc

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
I mix 32 to 1 for both my kdx200 and my sons kx65, we also use 108 octane race gas, that we buy in 55 gallon drums, and we mix that 50/50 with 91 octane pump gas......... the bikes run better on the higher octane gas and dont foul the plugs at all, and start so much easier

·
Registered
252 Posts
yeh, 50:1 is a bit lean, you can do it with fully synthetic but 32 - 40:1 seems most popular. Its easy to calculate:

petrol in mls divided by the ratio you want gives an answer in mls for the oil you need, eg 5L of petrol for 50:1 mix:

5000/50 = 100mls of oil or

petrol in mls divided by the amount of oil in mls you used gives the ratio of the mix, eg 5L of petrol mixed with 100mls of oil:

5000/100 = 50 (ratio of 50:1)

so if you use greenriders example 5L with 150ml of oil
5000/150 = 33:1 ratio.

so you dont need charts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts