Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some tires for the bike i'm buying and I wanted to see how much the average cost is to mount them. One guy told me 200 bucks for a pair. It might just be that i'm a newbie but isn't that kinda high?

Santiago

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Is he removing the wheels for you? if so its still high IMHO.

I take the wheels to the shop, it costs me 16 something with tax to get the tires mounted.

I don't know if that includes the price of the tires too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am guessing its with the wheel removal. That isn't including tire cost. I'm looking at some Bridgestone cruiser tires for ~110 front and rear.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The labor rates in my area vary from Kaw dealers, $52/hr to $92/hr. The one that charges $52 does better work. The parts prices also vary by a great amount. Shop around. A little time on the telephone can save you lot of money.

I just got a set of Dunlops 404's from one dealer for $133 for the set. .

Another dealer installed and balanced both of them for $90. He wanted $60 if I took them off the bike.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I just bought a new set of Pirelli Diablos for about $180 and it will only cost me another $40 a tire to have them put on when I bring them the whole bike.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
My mechanic doesn't even charge me for putting them on. Just the cost of the tire. Of course, he's a small, privately owned outfit.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

same here-no charge for mounting if i buy the tires from my dealer

·
Registered
447 Posts
Our Kawi dealer charges $30 per tire if you just show up with the bike and buy the tires from him. Otherwise it's higher.

I had some used tires mounted a couple of weeks ago at another shop and he charged me $15 per tire. I had to remove the wheels from the bike and take the wheels and tires only.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
bikeaholic said:
same here-no charge for mounting if i buy the tires from my dealer
I'd rather pay the $80 to mount both of them than pay their prices for the Diablos though :p

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Dealer here in Bozeman charged 30 buck for the pair, mounted an balanced. I took them off myself an waited while they did it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mount and balance 12.00 I just bring my rims in and have them done is a coupld of hours if busy and right on the spot otherwise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Green Knight,
What's your opinion of the Pirelli Diablo tires ?
I have heard that they are a fantastic grippy tire when they are warmed up, but have less (average) traction when they are cold.
They are supposed to minimize the squirmy feel when you ride along a crack in the road. I notice this a bit with my Dunlops.
The bike magazines like them, but they do their testing at a track.
I am looking for a set of tires that will have good traction and feel, but not wear out real fast.

And my local shop charges $15.00 to mount and balance a tire.

Greg

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just recently replaced my tires as well. I had them mounted and balanced for $40. I bought the tires online for about $110. I suppose I could have bought the tires locally and spent $50 more, but I'm still short on cash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts