Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycles are all new to me, I'm trying to learn as much as I can by doing some research on them, I can't seem to find an answer for a question, maybe you guys can help me.
When buying a bike how much mileage is too much on a bike??
I have my eyes on a 98 ZX750 it has 13000km and he wants $4000 is that a good price, is that a lot of km??

Thanx

·
Registered
395 Posts
Uncle Vinnie said:
When buying a bike how much mileage is too much on a bike??
I have my eyes on a 98 ZX750 it has 13000km and he wants $4000 is that a good price, is that a lot of km?? Thanx
In my opinion, 13000km (8077 miles) is excellent for a six year old bike. The price would depend on a number of things, especially location.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
A properly maintained engine on a sportbike can easily go 100K without any problems. but that doesn't sound like a bad price as long as the bike is in good condition.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Mileage

To Much Mileage? Say it ain't so! We still have cars on the road (antiques) an dwe still have "vintage" motorcycles on the road...when you run our of parts, they're no nonger made, you can almost always have a part made...to much mileage, is unheard of...for a motorcycle...now people, that's a whole 'nuther story...You'd have to ask Uncle Bob about "Who's Who", when it comes to old people. I think he's been keeping data...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys
That's what I wanted to know, I'm going to call him up, and go take a look at the condition of the bike
I'll keep everyone posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts