Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please! GPz 1100 82. How much oil in each front fork???

Kawasaki GPz1100 or KZ1100 b or whatever you want to call it from 1982! I am re-assembling the front forks and am not sure how much oil to put in. My book says; "with forks compressed and without the springs in I should fill the tube up till 120mm from the top. This level covers up the hole for the air pressure inlet and is much higher than the amount of oil that was in the forks when I opened them. So I ask you who know much, what is the best plan? How much oil should I put in????

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, for this purpose. The FSM states 322+/-4cc for the KZ1100B2 aka 1982 GPz1100. This amount assumes you have disassembled the forks and reassembled and they are completely dry.

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
Re: Help please! GPz 1100 82. How much oil in each front fork???

Kawasaki GPz1100 or KZ1100 b or whatever you want to call it from 1982! I am re-assembling the front forks and am not sure how much oil to put in. My book says; "with forks compressed and without the springs in I should fill the tube up till 120mm from the top. This level covers up the hole for the air pressure inlet and is much higher than the amount of oil that was in the forks when I opened them. So I ask you who know much, what is the best plan? How much oil should I put in????
Might be because the forks are compressed. Would the hole still be covered with springs in and extended like in the riding position? I wouldn't think so.

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
Might be because the forks are compressed. Would the hole still be covered with springs in and extended like in the riding position? I wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi I recently bought a 1984 gpz 1100 Kawasaki and was wondering if the front forks from a 1982 gpz 1100 are the same as a 1984 gpz 1100?

What body oil should I use in the forks?
Thanks
Man-of-war

1 - 9 of 9 Posts