Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after some searching on the board and kawasaki's site, i have found nothing. i found stats on the v2k(well, at least the torque rating), but no HP or torque ratings for the MS. any help guys?

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
With roughly 66 horsepower at the rear wheel (nearly 12 more than a stock, fuel-injected Vulcan 1500), the Mean Streak comfortably exceeds the "10 percent increase in performance" claimed by Kawasaki. Indeed, the Mean Streak makes roughly 20 percent more horsepower at the rear wheel than "regular" fuel-injected Vulcan 1500s

go here to read the entire article

2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak: MD Ride Review

·
Registered
99 Posts
I didn't get my bike dyno'd stock, so I don't know what the original numbers were. After adding a forcewinder intake, PCIII, and Muzzy Megaphone exhaust, my meanstreak dyno'd at 76hp and 95 lb/ft of torque. I would imagine that stock numbers would be mid to high 60's horsepower and mid to high 80's lb/ft torque. Just a guess.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Pipes, intake, and fuel processor can easily add 10hp to the 1600 Vulcans.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
An anemic 54hp stock on a 1500. 61hp for a 1600 makes sense per above.

After PCI III, Pipes and a Thunder Tornado Air kit: 64.3
After Custom Dyno Tuning: 73.8

So, if anyone ever asks 'is a custom map worth paying for' the answer is Helzz yeah. Parts jumped it 10hp, custom map jumped it another 10hp. So, it stands to reason you could reach 80hp on a 1600 with that trifecta.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
after some searching on the board and kawasaki's site, i have found nothing. i found stats on the v2k(well, at least the torque rating), but no HP or torque ratings for the MS. any help guys?
You can also check the thread w/ Dyno Run Maps for hp/torque. I was surprised by how much HP the Mean Streak produced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts