Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... theres a big rally up in Red River, NM that I'm going to go to on Memorial day. I'm going to finish buying my touring gear, and then start saving for it. I know I'm gonnna need money for hotel rooms for about 2 nites, if I can get one since I'm under 18.
How much would you guys recomend?

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Uhhhmmm....I'm assuming your asking what to bring to the rally as in clothes...etc? If so here is what I took on my 10 day vacation.

1. Flashlight
2. Tool kit
3. Cell phone
4. Rain gear
5. Maps
6. Enough clothes to wear for 5 days
7. Tent
8. Sleeping bag
9. Bed roll
10. Toilet paper
11. Toothbrush & toothpaste & soap
12. Windshield cleaner & soft cloths & rags
13. 1 qt of oil
14. Small Pocket knife

I'm sure there was more but it escapes me at the moment. As for money that I took along....I had about $200.00 cash and a credit card.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually meant money :p I guess I didnt specify clearly :p But that gives me someplace to start getting all my gear together... Its gonna be about a 6 hours ride I believe...
And that reminds me... I need to buy raingear... thinking about the Teknic Chicane one piece rain suit, sinceit's only 25 bucks :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
JTpaintball70 said:
I actually meant money :p I guess I didnt specify clearly :p But that gives me someplace to start getting all my gear together... Its gonna be about a 6 hours ride I believe...
And that reminds me... I need to buy raingear... thinking about the Teknic Chicane one piece rain suit, sinceit's only 25 bucks :)

Yea it kind of depends on your budget and what you intend to buy / spend money on while your going there and back. While I was on my vacation....the stock seat on my bike was getting to me....my butt was getting a little sore from lots of miles....so I stopped in Mcall Idaho at a bicycle store and bought a pair of those padded bike shorts with the padding in the butt / crotch so I could have a little more comfort. They actually worked pretty darn well. I think I paid $65.00 for them but it was worth it. My next upgrade is going to be a Mustang seat that so many others say is just an awesome and comfortable seat. Gotta have that comfort! :)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of saving up for a Corbin before I go... know of anyone else that makes comfy seats for the EX500?

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I have read alot of posts from guys who love Corbin seats. I think Corbin and Mustang are the 2 top brands that sell the most.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
JT
do you have a credit card ? if you do, you should be able to get a hotel room. if the rally is as big as you say, you may want to call ahead and reserve some rooms. you may be able to get a deal because of the rally. as far as cost, hopefully you will be calling ahead and they can tell you, but if not, the room can range anywhere from $50-$150 for a normal room. keep in mind that if you stay a little farther away at a basic motel 6 or something, it may be the cheapest for you. but, like i said, call now and you may be able to get in on the "Rally Rate". other than that, plan on what you are going to eat. if you eat light, pack some food and bring it. i usually bring some crackers or granola bars and some Gatorades. but whatever you plan on eating their, bring enough money for that. obviously your raingear, and then what ever else you plan on buying. just estimate what the gear could cost, add a little to it and you should be good to go. keep in mind you may see little things that catch your eye, so if you have a little extra, bring it. if you call the hotel/motel ahead of time, you may be able to pay for it over the phone and that would save you from carrying that much more money.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys! I'm hoping my debit card will work, since its also a Visa check card. And I'm just gonna look at Ebay until my trip, picking up little items like raingear, that I'm gonna need :) I can't wait to go to my first rally :) I was told that it covers all 4 miles or so of Main street... So I'm guessing huge!

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
one more thing JT, i know up here most debit cards have a daily spending limit and ATM withdrawal limit. just keep that in mind if yours has those limitations. other than that, have a blast and then tell us all about it !

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
ispeed77 said:
one more thing JT, i know up here most debit cards have a daily spending limit and ATM withdrawal limit. just keep that in mind if yours has those limitations. other than that, have a blast and then tell us all about it !
very good point ispeed...very good.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, I'm gonna have to be careful with my money, since I have a 300 dollar limit a day :S. I think what I'll do is take out about 300 in cash the day b4, and then I'll have 600 I can spend... (Hoping to get that much).
Oh, and the 'rents have agreed to let me use one of their cards to get the hotel room :) I found a double (which I dont need, but it's the only room left) in a hotel for 55 a nite, and its only 10 miles away! :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sounds like an awsome trip jt, rember to check everything on your bike before you leave for loose parts and other stuff ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts