Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering how i should drain my bikes gas tank. I bought a hand operated siphon pump from auto zone but it isnt working? I was wondering what any other methods are. Is removing the gas tank a fairly reasonable method? any other suggestions would be appriceated

·
Riding every day!
1,063 Posts
I usually pull off the tank and dump it in a 5 gallon bucket. (After I ride off most of the gas in the tank first)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Remove the fuel line leading from the petcock to the carb, attach some tubing to the petcock, set it on "PRI" (prime) and let it drain into a gas can. After it finishes, set it back to "ON" if vacuum operated, "OFF" if not, remove the tank, remove the petcock (or line, depending on your setup) and hold the opening over a bucket and move the tank around until the last few ounces drain out.

·
Super Moderator
10,774 Posts
Hi i was wondering how i should drain my bikes gas tank. I bought a hand operated siphon pump from auto zone but it isnt working? I was wondering what any other methods are. Is removing the gas tank a fairly reasonable method? any other suggestions would be appriceated
And that bike would be a [insert year, mfr, model, other pertinent info here]

·
Registered
32 Posts
cant siphon

SIPHON not working? Sounds like it's the nut that holds the handle on, weren't you ever a kid?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts