Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like everyday when i go to start up my bike i put the choke on my bike and it seems to do nothing to help it start. like when i took the msf class if you pull out the choke it would make the engine rpms go higher and make it engine sound different and stuff. But on my bike it does nothing it seems like, im wondering if it needs adjusted or what?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What kind of bike and whats the maintenance thats been kept up on the bike?

You may as you have suggested just need to adjust your choke.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Where you are from would be helpful as well. Elevation a factor?????

Don't know cause you didn't put in your profile or what kind of bike you ride.....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If the bike rides well once you get going etc etc. I would say you are on the right path that it needs adjustment since you are not in the rockies or something.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
On your service - DOn't know if you have a 500/600 or more mile service for the bike I would have the dealership look at it. Have them show you how to check it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
On every bike I've owned I would have to turn the choke down right after I started the bike because it would rev the engine to 3,000 RPM or more. I try not to let it get over 2,500 while warming up. So I would guess that it should rev up a bit.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Homeguard said:
but it should rev up some and sound diff when the choke is on right?
The choke should help you start your engine and if pulled back all the way or 3/4 of the way once it gets the bike going it will race your engine. If you lower the choke a little vs no choke - yes the engine will sound different. Different RPM's

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Choke

Homeguard, have the choke checked...also look at your airbox and make sure that it is properly sealed before you go...BTW...Gardner, KS!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts