Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I dont want to rain on your parade, because you've done something..."Unique"... but why did you use electrical tape, you could have taken the bulb out, and just spray painted the plastic. And what is the difference? Sorry if I sound like an ahole lol, but who looks at your turn signals that closely..

I guess I just dont understand why its blacked out

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to rain on your parade, because you've done something..."Unique"... but why did you use electrical tape, you could have taken the bulb out, and just spray painted the plastic. And what is the difference? Sorry if I sound like an ahole lol, but who looks at your turn signals that closely..

I guess I just dont understand why its blacked out

I can definitely tell a difference in looking at them in PERSON. I didnt want the paint to have to dry or melt, I knew electric tape would be the safest thing to use on something electrical.

Its constructive criticism. I guess it was kinda pointless , but it also only took 20 minutes and I feel I can tell a difference in a "cleaner" look.

·
Never Been Fast Enough
785 Posts
What's the purpose? I'm missing the point. What does it do, I mean like so what? A blacked out light???????????????

·
Waiting for his bike.
157 Posts
Looks cool, though I'd like to see blacked/standard side by side - you're gonna lose brightness, and I'd like to see exactly how much. (as well as how much of an asthetic difference it makes)

If you decide it's a look you really want (subtle though it is), I'd really go for paint - probably a gloss black acrylic. Looks far more professional. As far as electrical safety goes, I'm guessing you're not too au fait, so I'll just say that anything nonmetallic is fine - you're only dealing with 12 (or is it 6 in bikes, I forget) volts, so as long as you're not shorting something without realising it, you should be good.

Keep in mind that it may be illegal to kill the reflectors on your lights though, so you want to avoid any overly particulary cops.

·
Ninja500 Xpert
140 Posts
You are right I'm sure it does give it a "cleaner" look, but I'm more partial towards flush mount signals. Super clean, instead of something sticking out from the body. I hate stock signals.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are right I'm sure it does give it a "cleaner" look, but I'm more partial towards flush mount signals. Super clean, instead of something sticking out from the body. I hate stock signals.
Yes i may get some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts