Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently taken off all of my fairing and tank to have them painted and I wanted to see how you go about cleaning a bike to make everything else clean and detailed.

Anyone have suggestions or a process they use to clean the motor, wheels, ect...

Also mods if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move it.

Thanks again,

Chris

Soon to have the beast back in cadillac pearl with silver and red tipped flames.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For non anodised aluminum use Mothers (available at most auto parts stores) with some elbow grease you should make them sparkle - for really tough dirt spots in difficult to reach areas use a little brake cleaner spray - dont overspray and wipe off quickly - Zip wax to wash down as well.
Go to the Dollar store and look for a product in a spray bottle called Awesome....it is 1/3 the price of any de-greaser and does a great job - if you have a lot of engine grease to get off wear gloves - pick up a cheapo pot/pan brush as well to loosen up any tough stuff - you can chuck it away afterwards. Modern bikes are well insulated against water but on earlier bikes go easy with the water spraying - my old Moto Guzzi get p*ssed off if wash her down with water and wont run for a day!!!! :shock:
Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts