Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting my bike on the wooden stand i made, and I guess the pipe caught on the corner, and all 150lbs pressed on it. I'd like some advice, will this dent affect my power at all?

Is there a way to fix this? heat it up and bang it? thanks.

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too complicated. Me and a friend are going to try to tac a weld and pull it out......... but also, it doesn't look to far down, can i heat it and pop it out with a screw driver by sticking it on the pipe?

·
Go green
9 Posts
Tac welding something on there, heating and pulling out or reaching something down there to pop it out does sounds way easier for sure though I think you will still have some smaller dents left as those methods won't apply the even pressure that air pressure does. Never the less it will undoubtedly open it back up, if not fully, and be way better than it currently looks.

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I am not expecting a perfect pipe. Just a dent that's not that big. A screw driver doesn't work because the dent is on the curve.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i did this once i drilled holes in my pipe then i heated the pipe up with oxy acetalene then hit them out with a metal rod the weilded the wholes shut, and then rubbed away the marks from torch, no discoloration just doesnt look 100% new. it has like little bumps from were i hit it but all the power is back and it works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts