Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, i'm not only a newb to this forum but a newb to bikes.

but my fav bike is the zx1200r. i've read comparisons about the zx1200 and the hayabusa and the suzuki seems to win most of the time.

but in one study they see that the kawasaki is taller then the busa.

my ? is, if you removed the mirrors and lowerd the zx1200r would it have a higher top speed then the busa? someone help educate me

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Even without the mirrors and lowered the zx1200 doesn't have the aerodynamics of the hayabusa. I've seen many comparisons and top end the hayabusa takes the gold. It still has a displacement advantage (even if the HP/torque are similar).

For the most part it really doesn't matter which one is faster unless you are on the salt flats.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Salt flats is out in the desert where the ground is level for MILES and smooth. They try out all the ground speed records there.

As far as comparing the 12R and the busa... The busa has a bit more low end power but twards the end of a 1/4 the 12R really shines. Its true the busa can out perform the 12R but the bikes are SOOO close that it really depends whos the better rider. Personaly I'd rather have the 12R that looks dead sexy than the butt ugly busa. I will not sacrifice looks for power.

The 12R was actually one of the bikes I was considering getting this summer before I got my 9R. I decided I didn't have the cash to blow and it would probably end up killing me. You have to respect that machine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeh I think the ZX12R is more of an "all around" bike rather than just going in a straight line like the Hayabusa, the 12 would definitely be my pick if it came down to those 2...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, thats what i heard, that the zx1200r can handle better than the busa. so i guess its a little more even when you throw that in there.

and also agreed, the zx1200 looks way better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts