Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ride 800A, my right knee touches the stock air box, and left knee touches the tank. MSF class teaches to hold the tank with legs for stability. If I do that, the non-symmetric shape feels odd to me. Is there some kind of add on I can do for the left side? If anyone has done this, I will just follow the steps...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Forward Controls

When I ride 800A, my right knee touches the stock air box, and left knee touches the tank. MSF class teaches to hold the tank with legs for stability. If I do that, the non-symmetric shape feels odd to me. Is there some kind of add on I can do for the left side? If anyone has done this, I will just follow the steps...
Add forward control kit.. this will stretch U out some.. go to the "800 Club" thread.. there's a link on page 18.. this is a add-on kit that extends U're stock controls..

As for squeezing with U're knee's.. My Opinion.. My 35 years of street riding.. one should relax while riding.. the bike will react much better when doing so..

We have attached a link below to assist with U're quest..

The “800 Club” Home Page
the "800 Club"

The "800 Club" e-mail
[email protected]

Kawasaki Cruiser Forum - the "800 Club" thread
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/55391-800-club-18.html

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about the hugging the tank... :biggrin:
It has happened by accident. It was so cold, my body was just tight hugging the engine and transmission box. Then I looked down and found that my lower body was tilted to right due to the air box on right. While my lower body was firmed rooted to the bike, I paid attention to relax the shoulders and arms, so that I do not put too much weight on the handle bar. And guess what, the turning was easier in a way. Since my body was fixed on the bike, I did not have to support my upper body weight at all. Even though I was holding the handle bar, I did not really have to push or pull it almost. It was like riding it with hands off the bar. I enjoyed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.