Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have I only just found this site ?

Hi everyone. You'll need to bear with me because I'm a complete biking novice. Got an EX500 (or GPZ500S as it is here) last October when I passed my test.
Got on it this morning to come to work and found a nice puncture and flat tyre waiting for me.
As I said - I'm a TOTAL novice and was very impressed with myself the other week for managing to adjust the chain. I decided the best thing to do would be to remove the rear wheel and take it to get repaired.
HOW !?!?!?
Can anyone help with a step by step fool proof (and I mean FOOL proof) guide to doing this ? Oh yeah - a guide to refitting it would be good to !

Please help out a struggling Scotsman. It's bad enough I have to ride in the weather we get here without having to accept the fact I'm crap.
HELP HELP HELP - alternatively please send a blank cheque to me so I can get someone to do it for me :)
Longshot I know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Panic over - the axle bolt was in tight and wouldn't come out so I convinced myself I was doing it wrong. Gave it another try last night though and I managed to get it out.
Wheel is away just now getting a nice new Bridgestone fitted. Next problem getting the **** back on the bike without risking life and limb next time I ride it.

Never mind - it's a learning curve anyway......

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SUM

Thanks vaporgas2000, I was justabout to send him a blank, endorsed check, adn you beat me to it. Psychofly, enjoy the check and don't drink to much of that dark liquid, before you get back on the bike...it makes the road wiggle in front of you, and it's **** hard to drive when it does that. Remember if it's only flat on the bottom, put it up on the centerstand and rotate the tire before you let her down next time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts