Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1986 ninja. I learned on a rebel and now this I have lots of questions but Ill do the search button first thanks
Jim

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Welcome Jim, Great to have you aboard.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Jim, jump into the profile section and give us some hobbies, interests, and something to work with. It's easier to communicate with someone and know how to detail something if we know more about you when it comes to things like hobbies, crafts, interests...hey, even handguns, rifles, shotguns, electronics, hero's, music...loosen up, we don't have the resources available to us, that you do...of course law enforcement could be anything from a street beat, detective, prison guard...not that we want that information...just things that the majority of us could relate to...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Nice!

Some people won't fill in much on their profile...but you see where it can help...if you are trying to chat with someone that has no clue as to the other persons identity. As upsetting as it can be sometimes we have had misunderstandings...(really?)anyway, we've chatted about theft deterents and alarms...S&W, Glock, Mossberg, most of us are smart enough to know that rocksalt, and buckshot has no balistics...and gsr...we've been watching way to much CSI, and not dumb enough to do stupid things anyway. Kansas is a wierd state when it comes to things like stealing...like our 300 gallon tanks that have diesel, or gas in them. seems here you can't do anything to deter the bad guys. You may call 911 and that is about all you can do. You can't go outside and threaten, detain, punch holes in their tires, just stand around in the driveway with a .357 or a 12 Gauge...all you can do is write a discription of the vehicle, license plate information about the car, personnel in the car, but you can't even harass them...STUPID LAW! So, I quit giving my gas and diesel away, on weekends when I wasn't home, or during the daytime when I wasn't at home...now they just set with about 10 gallons of diesel in each one...it just isn't worth the loss or hastle...I want a couple of bikes, a 250R for fun and a larger 4 cylinder for the open road...and in about 2 years, sell the house and 10 acres and head to Arizona. Set up my ham radio gear, satelite systems, security systems, electronic surveillance, gates, sistern with seperate water pump for outside rooftop sprinkler system (incase of fire), and just read, ride, research, and enjoy what is left of life. Family members can come and go same as friends, and I'll be happier there than here. I'll miss the east coast, for a while. so I figured after trips up and down the west coast, I'd like to make it to Sturgis then on across to the east coast and when I get to ME. head south to FL. Log every thing in my laptop and stay on the FORUM nightly to do updates...once around the perimeter, back home and I'll be happy to rest and recoupe at home. 51 is exciting, 53 or 54 will be better...I'm working on it. This Forum has been an eye opener for me, and allowed me to get through some rough times. I'm not out of the woods yet, rather my wife isn't with her kidney and heart operations...but my plans to get us out of here are definately taking shape...and we're both excited...
I'm rambling...0655hrs and I've been up all night...You're alright Ji I hope that you enjoy the FORUM as much as I do. There are, EMT's, insurance men, waitresses, bike guru's, electronics nuts, computer geeks, some Texans (wild group of guys), adn just about every one from every country on this Forum...AWESOME!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts