Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, HSBC never ceases to amaze me...sometimes in good ways, other times not so good.

So we bankrolled the 250 with them last year in June, and paid it off this past winter. I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get the title, and I ended up jumping thru hoops to get a replacement title when I sold the bike this past summer. This year we financed the 650 with them, and paid of the balance about 2 months ago. I figured I'd give them a little time to catch up and then I'd have to call to get the title. My wife reminded me today that I should give them a call on Monday to get the ball rolling. Ironically, we went out to get the mail today and BOTH titles were in the box. :|

Okay, so its great that I got the title to the 650, but now I have a brand new title to a bike I don't even have anymore. I'm wondering if this new title supercedes the replacement I filed for and got, or if if this one is null and void now..? I had to have the lien release letter from them in order to apply for the replacement, and they told me then that they didn't keep the actual titles, and that applying for duplicates was standard practice. I never did believe it, and this confirms that it was incorrect info.

Well, I guess at least I didn't have to spend a bunch of time fighting to get the 650 title, but dayum...these guys are something else sometimes.

·
What can I spend my $$ on
619 Posts
I've only had one dealing with them, paid the bike off in early Oct and got the title last week.

·
Does anyone read these?
173 Posts
Just paid mine off after 9 months with HSBC. I received a letter stating that it was paid off along with the lein release. The actual title was always in my possesion, but had the lein on it, thus the need for the lein release. That's how Md. does things. With the title AND lein release, I was able to re-title it free and clear here in Texas. From payoff time to receipt of paperwork was 10 days.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Got to love the way the machine runs, I would just sign off the old title or new title how ever you want to think about. And give it to the new owner if you can,if not trash it.
Joe -R

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I am pretty sure it was over a year before they sent me a title which looked like a letter. I think the only reason I got it is because I inquired for one on another vehicle that I financed and they sent them both

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Man, HSBC never ceases to amaze me...sometimes in good ways, other times not so good.

So we bankrolled the 250 with them last year in June, and paid it off this past winter. I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get the title, and I ended up jumping thru hoops to get a replacement title when I sold the bike this past summer. This year we financed the 650 with them, and paid of the balance about 2 months ago. I figured I'd give them a little time to catch up and then I'd have to call to get the title. My wife reminded me today that I should give them a call on Monday to get the ball rolling. Ironically, we went out to get the mail today and BOTH titles were in the box. :|

Okay, so its great that I got the title to the 650, but now I have a brand new title to a bike I don't even have anymore. I'm wondering if this new title supercedes the replacement I filed for and got, or if if this one is null and void now..? I had to have the lien release letter from them in order to apply for the replacement, and they told me then that they didn't keep the actual titles, and that applying for duplicates was standard practice. I never did believe it, and this confirms that it was incorrect info.

Well, I guess at least I didn't have to spend a bunch of time fighting to get the 650 title, but dayum...these guys are something else sometimes.
Yes, you are correct, the new title kills the old one. The state changes the last no# of the title no# on a dupe title. For example your old title no# should end with a 1, and the new title no# will end with a 2. The states records will reflrct the change, so the old title is dead.

Hope this helps.

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts