Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Hubby got his Tuono

4K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  NCDave 
#1 ·
Hubby got his Tuono. Here are some quick pics I took. They are not so great. I will take better pics in the daylight hours. We just got home with it a few hours ago so it also needs a little cleaning. I just didn't want to post the thread without pics and get reprimanded. :mrgreen:

Also, I sat on it and I can reach the ground, I am only able to stand on the balls of my feet but it might be enough to take it for a spin. Too bad it is going to rain all day tomorrow and be cold the rest of the week. Grrrrr...

See less See more
#13 ·
So I took it for a spin, here is how it went:

Hubby was taking pics (see it here with stock seat and rear seat on)

Then we decided to let me try the Corbin seat since it is a little lower:

Hmmmm, I fit very well here:

Here I go taking it for a ride:

I was a little nervous since it is a liter bike and I was not flat footed on it. So I was just going to go around the corner but then I went around the corner twice. Then I decided to go down the main neighborhood road and I got to the light, so then I went down one road and got to another road, got to another light and kept going. I thought hubby might get worried so I took a u-turn, got it just over 60 and got back to the neighborhood. It was great, ridiculously powerful. I realized I need to lean forward when accelerating so I don't fly off the bike, ha ha.

The pipes sound great, very deep and mean sounding. Not as loud as the TBs on my 650R but a nicer, more pleasing growl. The bike is happy in lower gears, in fact below 30mph in second, it bogs down a little. The position is pretty comfortable but the clutch is very heavy. It is tricky to get it into neutral so I held the clutch at the light and it was a little hard. It was great to take it for a spin. Now I am ready to go to some demo days and ride other bikes :tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.