Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Thats the high end even for a car engine (not including diesels and assuming the thing wasn't running well out of tune to begin with).

Not a chance on a motorcycle engine.

·
99%er
239 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
From the FAQ section...

YOUR AD SAYS 'UP TO +25 HP' - WHAT KIND OF GAINS SHOULD I EXPECT ON MY MACHINE?
GAINS ALL DEPEND ON THE MACHINE IN QUESTION, OBVIOUSLY YOUR NOT GOING TO SEE +25 HP ON ALL UNITS AS THIS IS A EXTREME. TYPICAL GAINS ARE IN THE 1-7 HORSEPOWER RANGE FOR MOST STOCK RIDES. AND CAN INCREASE FROM THERE DEPENDING ON MODIFICATIONS AND ENGINE SIZE.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
From the FAQ section...

YOUR AD SAYS 'UP TO +25 HP' - WHAT KIND OF GAINS SHOULD I EXPECT ON MY MACHINE?
GAINS ALL DEPEND ON THE MACHINE IN QUESTION, OBVIOUSLY YOUR NOT GOING TO SEE +25 HP ON ALL UNITS AS THIS IS A EXTREME. TYPICAL GAINS ARE IN THE 1-7 HORSEPOWER RANGE FOR MOST STOCK RIDES. AND CAN INCREASE FROM THERE DEPENDING ON MODIFICATIONS AND ENGINE SIZE.
Exactly...this gets back to what I was saying...all its doing is tuning. Its not putting any more air in the engine, its not increasing the redline...all its doing is optimizing the fuel delivery for the given engine (which isn't that far off to begin with if its stock). You'll see minimal gains unless you have spent the money elsewhere (cams, heads, turbo, nitrous, etc) and haven't tuned it...its got to be well out of tune to see those kinds of gains on the chip alone.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Yet, dthey gave an honest response. Or it appears to be so. A 7 HP gain is like ten percent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts