Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best HC and how well do they work in the rain??? I ride every day and all year, so I am in the rain from time to time.

I like the way they look but I dont want to take away the reliability from the bike or mess up the engine from sucking in alot of water.

Thanks---kev2500

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Won't happen, buy the Hyper and have a good day.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
there's a few posts about this already, but seeing as it's a monday morning for you and you're probably feeling lazy i'll let you off. :biggrin:

the K&N filter is water repellant so it works fine.
there's a big hole in the bottom of the hypercharger too so that water can drain out.

I've ridden in torrential rain often and not had any issues.
you might need to clean and re-oil the filter a little more than other people, but that's not hard.

they all pretty much work the same, it just depends which one you like the look of most.

if you're really concerned you can get the BAK instead... doesn't look as cool as the hypercharger, but it comes with a rainproof cover to go over the K&N filter so it's probably better protected than the HC

don't forget you'll need the adapter plate too because there aren't any hyperchargers made especially for the 900

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feed back, will give the HC a try, also thanks for letting me know about the adapter plate. didnt know i need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts