Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 1500 classic with Straight shots, and Jet kit, What can I expect
to achieve by adding the Hypercharger? And will it require another re-jetting? Also does it alter the comfort/posture of the riders leg position?

Thank you very much, love the forum,
and
Happy Holidays

Dave :grin:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Daniel, With the hypercharger an pipes you can expect about a 10% increase in hp. an torque. There are other intakes that will increase your power a little more , than the hypercharger. But it's not that much more,1 or 2 hp. You will have to rejet again since you will be increasing the intake air flow more than the stock intake. As far as leg enterference, the HC. sticks out about an 1" to 1 1/2" farther than the stock intake (on my 800 anyway). So you will have to be the judge on whether it interferes with your leg or not. I'm 5' 10" with a 32" inseam, an it doesn't bother me at all.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Dave
chucks pretty much sent you in the right direction, just thought i'd give you another view. i also have not had any problems with leg interference. i am 5'8" with 32" inseam and ride a nomad FI. occassionally my leg rests up against it but i find it somewhat comfortable. if you are still looking, consider the kit made by Thunder, they seem to have the best power numbers and i believe their kit doesn't quite stick out as far as my Kuryakyn does. good luck.

david

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just removed the Hypercharger from my Mean Streak and fitted a BAK cleaner.
I'm 6'4" and while I did get used to how far the Charger hung out I never liked it.
The bike feels so much more natural to sit on plus need I say quicker?
Could be the change in induction noise or my imagination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts