Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Welcome to the site Dnell,
What year and model is your bike and is that the stock seat?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site Dnell,
What year and model is your bike and is that the stock seat?
1985 Kawasaki ltd 450 (454) this bike is original except for the turn signals I could not find mint condition ones

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know we’re I can find the back seat compartment for sale?

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
1985 Kawasaki ltd 450 (454) this bike is original except for the turn signals I could not find mint condition ones
Very nice to have it so close to original. I have a 1985 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD and also having trouble finding turn signals. Once in a while they show up on E-Bay but always with too high a price. For now I ride using hand signals. :(

·
Registered
1983 GPz 750, green
118 Posts
Welcome Dnell. I'm working on a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD for a friend. Seems that a lot of people like those LTD's.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
That's a decent price on the turn signals. I went to their site but they don't have any for my ZN.

I have all 4 original signals but the black plastic part is broken on all of them. I am thinking a 3D printer could make new ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a decent price on the turn signals. I went to their site but they don't have any for my ZN.

I have all 4 original signals but the black plastic part is broken on all of them. I am thinking a 3D printer could make new ones.
Lol I really didn’t want to invest a 100$ in lights

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Guess how much 4 new turn signals are if I get them from Kawasaki?
Answer: $361.00 USD.

I value keeping a vintage bike as original as possible, but I draw the line at prices that high. Even used ones that I have seen on Ebay go for $50-$70 each. It's ridiculous if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
When I bought my 85ZN700 in 2009, the front two signal light stalks broke pdq. I bough OE new ones for about $65 each. Later on, the rear two broke and by then I had seen the ebay ones which I bought and installed. I think they were about $23 each. They looked just like OE. They seem to be holding up well. the ebay ones seem to have harder rubber stalks. I looked up the valve cover gasket for my valve adjustment job and the gasket from partzilla is $49!

Reactions: Dnell

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
OEM valve cover gaskets are priced as if plated with gold. Try Z1 Enterprises. I got mine for $9.99

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know y when I connect my battery my bike tries to crank itself? Something is wrong also my speedometer lights no longer work sh... some body help me was running fine and all off a sudden my bike went dead? ?

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
I would remove and test your starter relay and/or your starter button. Is the key turned off when you connect the battery?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know y when I connect my battery my bike tries to crank itself? Something is wrong also my speedometer lights no longer work sh... some body help me was running fine and all off a sudden my bike went dead? ?
Have you undone any connectors .... and I hate to say it... plugged them into a different connector:whistle:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you undone any connectors .... and I hate to say it... plugged them into a different connector:whistle:
No something seems to be shorted out when I ground th starter it gets power and spin without mashing the electric start

1 - 20 of 38 Posts