Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my first rebuild on my KZ750H3-four. Got it almost all the way back together, block on, head started. Then I reached into a box to get my cams and what did I pull out? The danged rear cam chain guide! So while feeling as stupid as is possible, I spent the time to tear it all down again, put in the giude, and went to put the block down over the pistons again. Wait! Went smooth the first time, but this time somethings hung up??

Whoops, the rings are partially out of the compressor on #3. So I yank the block off, and dang if the second compression ring on #3 is busted!!

I can't win for loosing on this bike! So, I ask, rather timidly, does anyone have a second compression ring (standard bore) laying around the garage that looks reusable? I can't afford to buy another set just to get one. It would be appreciated and I'll pay.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
ok well i asked my friend today all he has is 74.5 mm layin around he said he mostly throws the old rings away that he changes cause they were no good.go to cheapcycleparts.com and see if they have a set of rings cheaper for your machine. i just bought rings for my wiseco piston for 30$ vs 60$ at wisecos site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts