Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Well as stated in a previous post I did not get the Roadhouse pipes. After the big deal I made of it, I went to purchase, and they will not have any until late Feb or March.

So I did purchase the Va & Hines Slashcut Staggereds. Those shipped out to me yesterday 01/09/08:mrgreen:
Make up my mind!

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
V&H have always been quality items. Hopefully you'll be happy with them.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
But now you will look like all us Cobra & V&H guys~~~~~
Aren't there any Roadhouse guys?

Probably better for you, I have heard a lot of concerns with the Roadhouse ones.

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts

May not be Roadhouse brand , but they are true duals . Started with some supertrap H-D slip-ons ,found a nomad rear cross over pipe ,classic front head pipe ,and chrome flanges from V+H several hours with the bender some new curse words a trip to the chromer (the heat sheilds) fabricate custom baffles and mounts ,unlike the nomad i can remove the bags and there isn't all that bracketry holding up the pipes . Completely 1 of a kind exhaust look and sound also helps that it's got a 1620cc kit in it with Barnet super clutch and spring total materials and chroming for exhaust was $280.00 really can't put a price on the labor otherwise it's a $1000.00

8,922 Posts
:mad:
Well as stated in a previous post I did not get the Roadhouse pipes. After the big deal I made of it, I went to purchase, and they will not have any until late Feb or March.

So I did purchase the Va & Hines Slashcut Staggereds. Those shipped out to me yesterday 01/09/08:mrgreen:
Make up my mind!
It may be fate that you wound up with a different pipe, I had the same pipe you wanted on my bike, now they are in my attic. Two happy days of my life were the day I ordered them & the day I took them off to put my DG Roadburner's on. They sounded ok, but fit & finish were terrible, Vance & Hines has to be a better choice, I actually cringed when I read your post that you had ordered them, I feel better now!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked the tracking and they are on the Brown truck! I am really excited. Im close too haveing the main things I wanted. Now its on to a few little less spensive blings!

Lets see Iso grips, bags, ghost brkts, Shield, Mustang touring, Vance & Hines, Awesome to me!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I don't know but the sound clips of the V&H are most musical to my ears. I think ya did OK!

·
Recycled Rider
583 Posts
It may be fate that you wound up with a different pipe, I had the same pipe you wanted on my bike, now they are in my attic. Two happy days of my life were the day I ordered them & the day I took them off to put my DG Roadburner's on. They sounded ok, but fit & finish were terrible, Vance & Hines has to be a better choice, I actually cringed when I read your post that you had ordered them, I feel better now!
Hmm,
I was thinking strongly about roadhouse pipes.
Anyone have experience with Muzzy's?
I want low end rumble and the bark when I step on it, but my ears won't handle a lot of loud sound.

·
Cruisin above overcast.
1,020 Posts
I have the exact same bike, Oz, and I was also looking at the V&N pipes. Well????
How did the install go? How do they sound? Pics?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Glad to hear that you made up your mind on the pipes. Riding season is coming up pretty soon, so you are just in time to be adding blings.

Congrats and keep an eye out for the brown truck.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I thought I posted the pics after the install, but I do not see them, oh well. Here they are now!
Stockers!

V&H

They sound great, I have only about 100 miles on them, they keep getting louder, with more bark when you really give it hell.
I only have 550 mile on the bike so Its still not broke in, but its getting there, I ride it like I stole it! Out O Site! DyNoMIte!!!!

·
Cruisin above overcast.
1,020 Posts
Oooooooh. *drooling*
Nice pics, 'cept for the snow in the background, lol.

Those pipes look so much better. Just a cleaner look to the bike. Be careful out there and thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts