Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I'd take it for a spin. It'd probably be pretty fun.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I know what to say too!
The biding starts at $6995 which is $5 dollars under the buy it now price. So far no beds called.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Someone should invite the seller to become a member here. Than we could ask him a tun of questions.

Funny username 'crapshoot0' hehehe

EDIT

sent him a note through ebay....

·
Wind is good
61 Posts
No reverse, but I'd take it if I had cash to burn.

The Scorpion is a thrill to drive. You have a real sense of driving a formula 1 racer, and where ever you go heads really turn. This prototype uses a 1998 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic for the power plant, and a modified VW front end with hydraulic clutch and brakes, car steering, and a five speed transmission. No reverse but the Scorpion rolls just as easy actually easier than a stock 1500 Vulcan.

I built this in late spring 2008 and have clocked over 700 miles so far. The Scorpion handles extremely well, it's quick and nimble, and does not dive in corners. Braking is very good with the 3 disc brakes, and the shifting is set up on left of cockpit with 1 forward and 4 back as the pattern. The 1500 Vulcan supplies ample power and cruises nicely at highway speeds. This will soon be offered as a kit starting at $9,995 or as a complete turnkey RT for approx $22,995.

The prototype shown above is currently for sale @ $14,995 as 0f 11/25/08.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a friend that rides a trike because of back problems he has developed over the years.
That thing would be good for folk's with problems holding up a two wheeler.
One problem though, you can't ride two up on (in?) that.
It would be interesting two build one of those around a Suzuki 1300 Hayabusa.
Can you say missile?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts