Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on the bike since November. It has either been very cold, with record snow falls. Now they are calling for another 6" for tonight and tomorrow. I don't think I'll make it to the spring...they may just find me frozen in my garage, standing next to the Vulcan, wearing my jacket and helmet, and with my still open eyes staring at the snow outside....:wink:

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
I feel ya...

Was in the garage the other day, and I think I actually heard the bikes softly crying to themselves. :(

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Been using this down time to add a few goodies. Mustang seat two weeks ago, smoked TS lenses tonight, got some studs coming for the sissybar pad so that it matches the saddlebags and seat.
Dyin' to get out there and try that seat out, gotta be better than the stock seat.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
I haven't ridden since Nov either. The forecast for my town is 10" - 18" inches. I hope they are wrong. Commuting to NYC will be hell. I have to be in the office since I have "visitors" from London.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
Wow, 6 posts about not being able to ride in the winter and nobody from a southern state talking about their 70-degree weather yet. I think that's a record.

I am trying to sate my desire to ride by doing several mods. It's a poor replacement for riding and is getting really expensive though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live in Pa. We are slated to get another round of the white menace tomorrow and Friday.

I bought a new bike on January 13th. I have only been able to put 163 miles on it. I always ride year round, but this is beyond irritating.

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
I was able to sneek out for a couple hours last Saturday but I have not been able to do my MD to FL ride to visit my brother because of this white crap. We typically go down for the Super Bowl. We were going to leave this Friday but now with this snow forcast we are once again pushing it to the next decent weather weekend AARRRGGGHHH. Will it ever end, this is Maryland not the great white north??? I'm moving!!! Nah, I like MD. Fear the Turtle.

·
King Dad
79 Posts
And to think I have to decide whether or not to take a jacket or sunscreen with me. That is a tough decision.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I live in maryland too, born and raised and this is getting old now. I did ride a hand full of times in dec. and the last time in the middle of jan. just to try out my new cams, every time only about 25 miles. I'm really thinkin of movin a little south, this place is getting overcrowded anyways, and overpriced.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow, 6 posts about not being able to ride in the winter and nobody from a southern state talking about their 70-degree weather yet.

Well, today it was drizzling a bit and what with the 80 degree temps I didn't want to risk getting a slight chill or anything, so I just went for a short ride to get some beer and then sat in the garage going vroom vroom>

Gotta hate Florida in the winter..........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Snow And Cold-brrr!!

We've got at least 14" of snow EVERYWHERE :cry: and there's a 4 foot drift behind the garage! Last year I was riding on Valentines Day, it may be June this year! It was -17 degrees F here this morning, quite depressing actually, I can't believe that there is such a thing as spring. Tinkering with bike and making parts has kept me from going crazy. Made new side plates to lower trunk to fit wife better and incorporating trailer hitch mounting bolts to these so it's all integrated as opposed to two separate parts, then off to chrome. May think about drivers backrest mount to this before tho', got to give it some thought. :confused: Trying to talk honey into making trip to Denver in June on bike as opposed to driving or flying. It would cut 2 days off stay there but great country to see between, oh well. Hope you all you folks out east survive the predicted storm. We either travel bike only on long weekend trips or with trailer on long trips packing heavy!

·
Moto Mez
991 Posts
I wish it would warm up here. Every morning when I ride to work it is in the 20s. Not bad for you northern folks but I want some warm weather. I don't get too cold because of my gear but I am tired of putting it on. We have had a few days where it is nice when I get off but at 6 in the morning it is chilly. And the other day it snowed all day. Weird. I want my car back. It sucks having to ride in cold rain.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've been here for 40 years, and I've never seen snow hang on like it has this year. It's driving me nuts. It's not nearly as cold as last winter, but I was able to ride almost every week last year. This year the snow melts a little, then freezes up over night, so there is never a good day to ride. My bike was broken for 3 weeks in January, which of course, were the last three weeks that were remotely rideable. I got my new handlebar mitts and Phat Risers, and I have yet to ride the bike with them on. Now we have another snow storm coming tonight, so by the time all of this melts, it will be way too warm for those mitts. :icon_frow

·
Registered
106 Posts
We had 4 inches of snow yesterday very unusual for us, but of course it was 55 today will be 65 tomorrow. I can't imagine going more than a day or two without riding. What you need to do is mover further down south.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts