Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's too bad. (That you wrote such a letter I mean.)
Guess I'll have to write them one myself and tell them that I appreciate the classic lines of the mighty EX and that I'm so glad there is still at least one bike that hasn't followed the "stealth-bomber" trends of UNaerodynamic jagged lines.
As soon as they change something, the bike will certainly cost more and it will instantly become more difficult to get cheap replacement parts on Ebay.
Oh well, different strokes.
-CCinC

·
Registered
607 Posts
Oh, I don't know Trashmonkey. I'd say that the EX's flat front is at least as aerodynamic as the new-as-now R6 or the CBRR600RR(-RRRR). And while the magazines could probably get wind-tunnel time easily enough, they won't because true aerodynamic efficiency isn't what sells anyway. It's the image a bike conveys, which is largely dictated by the military aviation of the time. I happen to find the military aviation of the 70's and early 80's (F16, F14, etc) more appealing (and almost certainly more aerodynamically efficient) than the modern stealth bomber and stealth fighter.
And look at the way people complain about a truly aerodynamic bike like the Hayabusa, calling it "Hayabugly" or "Eye-abuser". There's quite a difference between what is and what looks efficient.
So in lieu of motorcycle magazines giving us the actual aerodynamic coefficient of drag of each model they test, please consider how many bikes the 500R will finish very near and even beat while getting MUCH better fuel economy:

-CCinC

·
Registered
607 Posts
ROTFL. OMG. LOL. Dude ur SO rite.
Which hobby would you suggest TM? NASCAR? Monster trucks? Perhaps some WWF or reality programs?
-CCinC

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
you can get a unpainted lower fairing and then get a body shop to match the paint on your bike. It shouldn't cost you any more than getting the prepainted version. Targa also makes an aftermarket lower for the 500R too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts