Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple weeks I've been thinking about a name for my bike. It's the 900LT red & silver. I came up with a few names but none of them seem to fit. I thought Violet, but that's the wrong color. Vixen didn't do it for me either. So the other day I was reading specs and noticed the Kawasaki name for the paint is Candy Fire Red/Metallic Titanium. And it hit me! CANDY it is. Great name for a bike, I thought. Until I told my wife about it. She doesn't seem too amused. I think there is something about the name Candy that doesn't sit well with her. So, should I stick with Candy or look for something else?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kid you knot Suegip. I am looking for the perfect name for my ride, and CANDY just feels right:) Is it a guy thing to want to name their bikes or do women name theirs also?

·
Registered
27 Posts
El Zorro,

Did you not see my thread a while back about naming my bike? I have a 900 classic LT that is pearl crystal white and metallic titanium. Finally, after much deliberation and advice from the forum, I came up with the name Comet.

If you read that thread you will see that lots of guys name their bikes. My husband won't name his, but I call it Shadow because it's black and he always rides behind me (my shadow).

As for you wife not liking the name.... Hopefully she'll get used to it. Good luck!

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Wasn't Candy that cute little one that you were weeing just before you met your wife?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess that makes me a gay *** with a bike named Candy:)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
my only sugestion for yall that don't like to name your bikes and think its gay is not to enter any threads that say ive named my bike! that way you won't be offended by the idea that someone is naming their bikes :)

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
my only sugestion for yall that don't like to name your bikes and think its gay is not to enter any threads that say ive named my bike! that way you won't be offended by the idea that someone is naming their bikes :)
+1

I think Candy is a great name!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nothin wrong with naming your bike. I always say 'Hey Babe' or 'Morning Babe'. Makes my wife chuckle.

It's just an expression of how much you like your bike.

Now lets keep the foul language off the board. This is a family forum.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK fivepointink, since this is your second posting of this nature, would you kindly explain to me why wanting to give my bike a name makes me an ***, and what in this thread makes us all a bunch of ****in douche bags? Is there a specific issue here that you find offensive, or are you just talking out of your tailpipe?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts