Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

I found a nice how to page

19K views 62 replies 56 participants last post by  AlphaZed 
#1 ·
Very thorough how-to's - I found a nice how to page

I am sure most of you are aware of these basic how to techniques but I thought I would post this for those like me who are new to the sportbike:)
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/

I hope its helpfull in your favorites.

#4 ·
no prob, I just want to contribute. I am bleeding and breathing this bike right now:) It seems kinda funny since its just a 250, but whats fun is fun.

#7 ·
Thanks for the confidence boost. I just rode the bike its 55 degrees. It felt soooo good. I have only rode it about 6 times. Fun little thing. Have a happy new year everyone:)

#17 ·
Thanks Ninga, Good stuff and infor.!!

#22 ·
1989 ninja 600

Freakinout said:
Thats actually a really thorough set of how-tos. I'm going to stick it to the top of this forum so everybody can see it easier.
Hi, i'm in the process of buying a 1989 ninja 600. It has low miles and the owner said that it has been in the garage for awhile. He said that the only problem with the bike is that when you ride the bike, you have to ride it with the idle fast, meaning using the choke, he said that his friend told him, that this may be due to the carbs needing cleaning, does that sound right ? and how much do you think it will cost me to do that?

#24 ·
Does the bike have any mods to the exhaust, if it does, this is a classic symptom of someone who has modified the exhaust without adjusting the jetting. If the jetting isn't modified and the bike is ran at high speeds and the exhaust gets very hot the values will melt. Even if there isn't any mods, the fact that the bike must be ran with the choke is an indication that the carberator must be looked at-and for your wallets sake-before you ride it fast or long. Get it looked at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.