Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally upgraded from a 500r to a 2003 zx6rr brand spanking new....i'm going to pick it up tomorrow very excited

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice bike

I'll be interested in hearing what you think about the RR. I have a new 636 and still haven't found anyone with the RR. Let me know if you find any performance or feature differences in the two. I'm sure you have a friend with the 636 for comparison. The dealer was very vague when I asked about the RR. He just said if you don't intend to race at the track you won't need it. I still don't know what he ment. Post your opinion on the bike and have a blast on that machine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
WOW! MisterB you're in for the blast of your life! :D

I love my 2003 ZX-6RR! :D

As far as comparing it to the 636?? :roll:

IMHO it's a mute point, both bikes are sooo similar that you will only notice the differences on the track, when pushing both bikes to the limit. The RR allows for more suspension tweaks, but has 36 CC less displacement. The RR has a slipper clutch, but to this day and after 3000 miles on my bike I haven't felt it working, I'm not very agressive on the street. Another difference, is that you can get the 6R in some awesome colors! I love the blue ones!! Oh and I almost forgot if you want to mount a side mounted steering damper, the RR is the only one of the two that has a boss welded to the frame for that. I have a Scotts top mount, so again that welded boss didn't help me!

I may be wrong, but IMHO no big differences. Unless of course you want to brag that you have a "race ready" limited edition bike (ZX-6RR). Like we do! :D

I was looking for a nice used 2003 ZX6-R/RR and I found a great deal on a ZX-6RR and that's why I have it. No regrets!! I think both bikes are freakin awesome!! :D

Anyway let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Slipper clutch will make a huge difference if you are running at race speeds or riding hard on the street. If you have ever locked up your rear from downshifting hard - even with blipping the throttle you know what I mean. Lot of people who have never ridden with one before don't know what they are missing.

Kind of like being on a 56K modem and then jumping to a Cable or DSL line. You don't know the difference, but if you have ever had a cable or DSL line you will never go back to 56K.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
All you City folk

I have a 33K MODEM. its all my phone line can do to try to keep up with it. Does ANYONE Understand the old 3 wire Party phone system? Anyway, I'm stuck with it till technology reaches this edge (corner) of he world...or I move to AZ. We don't even have cable this far out...besides Satelite would be cheaper...If yo had the 6R or 6RR you definately wouldn't figure out any difference on the roads that we have here...Have to admit though the new "Dust Control" used on our gravel dirt roads works better than the old black slime asphault that they used to spray all over and it left gobs of black tar all over the car...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sattilite is stupid though. You get the fast download speeds but you still have to have a dial-up connection for uploads.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
2005 models

I think thqt i read that the 2005 models of the ZX-6R and ZX-6RR BOTH had slipper clutches for this year. the major difference was partially in the transmission gearbox where the R model had a different ratio, while the RR stayed real close ratio for the track......I could be wrong, like that article I read...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bike is awesome i love it! the only thing i hate is keeping it slow cause of the break-in process....this bike is crazy! i'm ready to open her up when the time is right

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SLOW TIME

Slow time gives everyone around time to actually see the bike and who is riding it...take the time an savor the slow time...it's dream time and time for things to become rote for you and the bike, as one unit...NICE BIKE! What color, Kawasaki Green...ha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts