Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( It seems as if I have a problem with keeping my feet OFF the ground, or so I was told today! This was accompanied by warnings about failing the driving test if I can't learn to keep my feet on the pegs longer than I do when coming to stop or while making slow turns... :cry: Guess I'm suppose to be perfect after having ridden only 50 miles thus far..... :roll:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Want to know a secret? Never ever, ever take your feet of the pegs. I only do it if I am turning into a gravel road from a cement/concrete road and am slowing. Otherwise your bike isn't going anywhere.

Just work on your balance and you'll be good enough to balance the bike at a complete stop and have it count at a stop sign

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Pretty much what stuart said, I can come to a complete stop w/o taking my feet off the pegs. at least enough to not get a ticket at a stop sign. unless you are under 5mph your feet being off the pegs is useless, practice practice practice!

·
Registered
837 Posts
:wink: hit it right on the nose...practice..practice..practice....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. I go for a daily ride while my daughter is in day scare, and today I made sure to be very focused on my balance and slow speed turning, and stoping. I think I might be getting better. I only had to put my feet down at the red lights! WooHOO! :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Ninja Chick said:
I only had to put my feet down at the red lights! WooHOO! :wink:
This is gonna cut into your spankings

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ninja Chick said:
while my daughter is in day scare
Daddy Day Scare? :))

spok said:
Ninja Chick said:
I only had to put my feet down at the red lights! WooHOO! :wink:
This is gonna cut into your spankings
Not unless she likes them. :shock: But that's another forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FatCat said:
She can refuse to use her turn signals if she's not getting enough spankings.

Fatcat
Oh Crap! I'm suppose to use turn signals? I thought that just kind of a optional thing??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, Day Scare, not daddy type though, just regular abuse your kid and put them with a stranger kind of day scare....lol

As far as my proclivities towards spankings....hehe.. I'm not saying....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Spankings.......ow..........You know physcologists say that doing that will get them in line, but it could also inpead them later on in life. Like for engineers, you gotta think out side the box sometimes, but if all your life you've been told to do exactly as your told or else, it may keep that thought from entering your head. But hey, your kids your life, your rights. do as you please (tell the kid I'm sorry for him :()

·
Registered
133 Posts
USA#1 said:
Spankings.......ow..........You know physcologists say that doing that will get them in line, but it could also inpead them later on in life. Like for engineers, you gotta think out side the box sometimes, but if all your life you've been told to do exactly as your told or else, it may keep that thought from entering your head. But hey, your kids your life, your rights. do as you please (tell the kid I'm sorry for him :()
I think you might have misunderstood. :-|

·
Registered
70 Posts
USA#1 said:
i got whooped when i was a kid and im just fine. those psychologists are not right at all. in fact, im sure almost all the peoplle on this forum got whooped when they was a kid and they too are fine.

·
37,387 Posts
I got my share of whoopings...and I turned out just fine. there is a difference between a spanking and a beating....

·
Registered
837 Posts
:? SOMEBODY DID'NT GET IT :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
395 Posts
USA#1 said:
We were talking about spankings of a more adult nature. But like I said, that's another forum. :wink:

But on the subject of corporal punishment for children; I received spankings as a part of growing up, and I've become a somewhat productive adult, with no psychological shortcomings. It taught me respect for my parents in particular, and adults in general. Something that a lot of 'kids' today lack.

·
37,387 Posts
I too was originally talking about the playful use of adult spankings, I also wanted to chime in on the thread about it being bad for kids, that is more psychobable from those who think that ignoring problems are the best way of facing them. As I said before, there IS a difference between a spanking and a beating.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts