Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i guess i trust in people too much. since i bought my dual sport back in June, it has been sitting in my driveway with no anti-theft device. our parking ban started on Nov. 15th, so just before it i moved all the toys. most went to a friends house but i wanted to hang on to the bike so i could do some work on it in my cellar. it only sat in my back yard for two weeks, but that was long enough for some jacka** to steal it. i own between two streets, but even where it was parked was at least 20 higher than the street grade. on top of that, it was leaning against my kids' swing set ! man, people s*ck. i can't believe how livid i am about this, there are just too many people out there that have no concept of right and wrong. anyways, i just had to rant a little, maybe it'll help me feel better.

david

oh yeah, i almost forgot. don't you know my homeowner's won't cover it because it was registered ! i guess i need to get theft on my next one.

·
Registered
837 Posts
that sucks dude...i have caught somebody tryin to steal from my property before.........he wont be stealing anything from anyone else...i made sure of that...that really sucks..i hope you catch em the next time cause if a thief steals from you and gets away..he will always check out whats new till he sees something he wants and do it again...its fun and games till they get caught :twisted:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I'm so sorry, David. I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do.

Many years ago someone broke into my house. They actually backed their truck right up to the back door so they could more easily haul the stuff out of our house. My husband came home unexpectedly and they took off, but not before taking quite a bit of our stuff. It took me a long time to get over that one, especially the anger I felt.

Hope you catch the *******!

Julie

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sorry ispeed. Same thing happened to my first bike, a '92 Harley Sportster, on April Fool's Day of 1998. I was sure one of my friends or family was playing a stupid April Fools joke on me, so I waited 4 days before reporting it stolen. So the cops naturally assumed that I was committing some kind of insurance fraud and really gave me the POW-interrogation. They finally backed off when I told them the bike wasn't insured against theft!
"Try not to shoot your own foot on your way out, Deputy-Fife..."

Then four years later, my bike's frame turns up at the Del Mar Mile swapmeet, (right under my nose.) But every cloud has a silver lining, and my cloud had three:

a) The Sportster had 72,000 miles on it, not 42,000 as my odometer claimed.
b) The whole HD-Lifestyles RUB craze was really getting underway in '98 and I was ready to ride something besides a Harley.
c) My eyes were suddenly opened by Japanese motorcycles, which unlike Harleys, have enough power to pull the string out of a cat's @$$.

There is an upside to this, so try not to let it make you cynical.
-CCinC

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thank you all. kinda s*cks to see so many other cases similar. Julie, i can only imagine how that must have felt. if these jerks stepped foot in my house i don't know what i would do. i have every "townie" i know out there looking for any sign and listening for any word. i am hoping to get ahold of the person or people and like bud8fan said, make sure they don't steal again. i was a little suprised when the police officer writing my report asked if i knew who stole it ! um, no. i felt like saying, if i did, i wouldn't be here. or if i was here, it would be in the back of your car. i didn't think that would help the fact that i will be finally applying for my license to carry soon ! we'll see how it turns out. thanks again.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
ispeed,

:cry: Sorry for your loss........If you are like me...that is like loosing a body part...a definite violation of self.

Yaaaa on the concealed weapons ticket....I am KY state certified to teach CCDW here in KY....just be sure you fully understand the laws in your state. Ky only allows deadly force if your person, not property is in danger.

Heather

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
laws

heather
i'm pretty sure MA is the same as far as applying force. hopefully my license goes through without a problem. they like to hold them back or find reasons to only give you a certain classification. i am sure i will be posting when i get it because i will be picking up a few firearms almost immediately, so i will want to share with the gun nuts that are on this site ! thanks heather.

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calamarichris said:
Then four years later, my bike's frame turns up at the Del Mar Mile swapmeet, (right under my nose.) But every cloud has a silver lining, and my cloud had three:

a) The Sportster had 72,000 miles on it, not 42,000 as my odometer claimed.
b) The whole HD-Lifestyles RUB craze was really getting underway in '98 and I was ready to ride something besides a Harley.
c) My eyes were suddenly opened by Japanese motorcycles, which unlike Harleys, have enough power to pull the string out of a cat's @$$.

There is an upside to this, so try not to let it make you cynical.
-CCinC
chris
looks like it worked out for the better with you, hopefully i can find a silver lining. thanks for the positive note !

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
dang shame! I too have been blessed with the theft bug. Several years ago, I had 2 jerks break into my house while I was working the night shift at the airline, my wife came home with them still in the house, thankfully, the fled without harming her our our little baby.

I hate idiots like that!

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spok said:
I hate idiots like that!
i second that.
that's rough for that to happen when you are not around, i can't imagine the feeling of helplessness if something ever happened when my wife and kids were home and i was not. i can also not fathom my rage following the incident. truelly glad to hear that your family was ok.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
ispeed77 said:
spok said:
I hate idiots like that!
i second that.
that's rough for that to happen when you are not around, i can't imagine the feeling of helplessness if something ever happened when my wife and kids were home and i was not. i can also not fathom my rage following the incident. truelly glad to hear that your family was ok.
Thanks Dave, It was a very rought couple of weeks trying to live in that place afterwards till we were able to move to a new rental...

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can only imagine how you felt. my biggest thing afterwards would be not feeling like a can protect my family. as it is, my 6 year old daughter keeps saying "so the bad guys know where our house is ?", cause i told her some bad people took the bike. she's not saying it out of worry, but more out of curiousity, she doesn't understand stealing. she may not be worried, but just hearing her say that sends chills up my spine, and they didn't even come in the house. oh well, time to chain everything down and teach the wife how to load the 30/30.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Sorry ispeed77 for your bad experience. :(

I wonder if there are other thefts in your area and possibly asking the local cops if that is the case may be valuable info to know? You may need to hunker down with additional security inside your home to help discourage any possible further attempts by the A** H***S who did this.

Paul Harvey years ago told a story of a high crime neighborhood where all of the homes had been broken into......all....but one. When someone inquired about why that one home was not broken into they soon saw a sign in the front and back windows in plain view to anyone approaching that read, "Caution Beware of House Snake"

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whistle clean said:
"Caution Beware of House Snake"
hehe

i have some local kids looking into some things for me. there has been a decent amount of atv/dirt bike thefts in the whole town lately. of course, i find this out now. i guess the "cool" thing to do is steal something, ride it for a little while and then ditch it in the woods. i am keeping my eyes open in the local riding areas as well. i am considering picking up my four wheeler at my friends house and riding some of the local trails, maybe on the weekend when people would be out. we'll see if anything turns up. thanks whistle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ispeed, I think I will rant with you. We had our riding mower stolen 3 weeks ago. This is the 4th time we have had this problem since 1996 when we moved here. Two of these times we came home to broken down doors and the house all torn up. We can't get much help from the sheriffs dept. they ask us if we have heard anything. I have came to the conclusion that these cats aren't going to change and will make there money off the working people while we are at our jobs. I can't afford this. Probably shouldn't feel this way but we have a season for hunting all these other critters maybe one for these cats wouldn't be a very bad idea. Anyway, I'm sorry about your loss and good luck on finding it. Sorry about the gripes but it gets old.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

they steal them right off the street down here-

3 guys and pickup,lift it up,load it in and drive off all in seconds
i hate to even think about it :evil:

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
barry
feel free to rant as well. sorry to hear about your problems, but i like your thinking. open season on criminals !! i know, that's a little harsh, but its the first thing you think of after being violated.

bike
i have heard that things can be pretty rough down there, have also heard that the men in blue usually aren't much help. that's too bad. guess i'll have to be carefull when i come down for bike week in 05 or 06 !

david

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Da*mn David that's bullsh*t . Shoot'em there of no benifit to society. An that's just my opinion.

·
32,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
woodchucks800 said:
Da*mn David that's bullsh*t . Shoot'em there of no benifit to society. An that's just my opinion.
Amen !!! i'm working on it !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you have comprehensive coverage on it? If so you may want to consider changing insurance companies. Theft should be covered if you have comprehensive coverage in your policy. It's the same coverage that would apply if a tree fell on it or if it burned. It is really crappy of a company to force you to buy separate coverage for theft.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts